Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about changing some parts to carbon fiber when i get my Roc,

1. The lower grill around the fogs and the mesh.
2. Badges...
3. The black strips below the door.

I know it aint a lot but too much will look OTT'

What you can think?.

·
Registered
372 Posts
it will look good but will be very expensive. A custom job is likely too as these aren't available. Besides, if you dont see the point in expensive lightweight alloys, you should see the point in carbon fibre ;)

sorry couldn't help myself, lol :lol:

Anyways good luck with it, looking forward to seeing pictures :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do under the reason for Light weight Alloy just not on the Roc... And I aint going to put them on for weight reason lol :lol:

Yea custom it be i'll get into my works workshop and have a play around, as for the price... I'l see how it goes if its too much i'll just cover the lower grill like a layer.
I've been quoted around £350 for the side bits and badges, not got anything back yet about the grill.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i would love ta get a cf bonnet

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turbo said:
i would love ta get a cf bonnet
Mate if i can find a good deal who can supply Carbon Fiber at a fair price I'm going start making them to order mate i'll keep you updated :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
someone on another forum has got carbon badges imported from the states. Bonding of carbon fibre to the stock parts may be a cheaper way of doing it. A carbon bonded roof would look awesome but not so sure about the bonnet, although it's pretty heavy!

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea that what i'm planning, bonding around the grill and that, as for the bonnet it'll have to be complete.

·
Registered
32 Posts
cant go wrong with cardon fibre on a vehicle, aslong as its on a vehicle thats worth it.. not a paxo or corsa.lol

go with it mate, and let us know how it goes.. :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
cant go wrong with cardon fibre on a vehicle, aslong as its
I would finish this sentence with "as long as it's well done" as there is nothing worse than a badly crafted and ill fitting CF panel, you might as well waste your money on a sunroof that doesn't open :roll: :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts