Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few people are thinking about replacing the plain badge with one that says "GT" like in the Golf GT Editions.

This is a 2 min exercise as long as you have a strong grip, simply press the badge from either side and pull at the same time, the badge will pop out and simply pop the new one back in, see pics below... PS at the time when I took these photos I had a spare GTI badge so I quickly just put it in for the purpose of showing how easy it is to change them over and that the Steering wheels are identical to the Golfs (some people believed otherwise)...

Old badge removed

Old badge

Both old and new are the same size

New badge fitted

Since then my "GT" badge arrived and now fitted...

·
Registered
484 Posts
looks like a very easy job how much for the badge

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
turbo said:
looks like a very easy job how much for the badge
£14.25 + VAT from any VW parts dept, arrived the very next day.

veeedubba said:
so i m curious now, why pick a GT badge not a GTI badge
Cars called Scirocco GT hence the GT badge? I still have the GTI one boxed away.

Ideally what I want to do is find the font they use for the Scirocco badge at the rear of the car and have that lazer'd into my blank one that came with the car, but it's been impossible to find that font, I've found all the other VW fonts including the old Scirocco's.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aardvark54 said:
I like it rehmondo. Thanks for the technical advice, and the pics. The jury is out on those trainers though!
No probs I had posted all that stuff on another forum a while back.

Trainers are old ltd edition stan smiths from addidas, they fit my size 13 feet, thats the main thing!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just checking the part number shown on the box is the right one for the GT Badge? As you mentioned about a gti badge so don't want to assume anything and give VW the wrong one over the phone.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Chris that part no and box belongs to the GT badge, when I went along I didn't have the part no, I just described what I wanted and the guy was able to find it on the system did take 10 mins though!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks, I will probably phone up and give the number that way as will be a bit busy at work over the next 2 days so doubt I will get time to pop in :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts