Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

CHAT FUNCTION - Retired.

12K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  a4gee 
#1 ·
*** UPDATE 20/05/2011 *** After a trial period, this function has now been retired.

Hi all,

I'm trialling a chat function for the site. You can open it by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the forum. When you do you'll see a user bar pop up at the bottom.

You'll also see an advert at the bottom left (nothing to do with us) but you can close that by clicking on the "X".
The "dot" symbol at the bottom right brings up options which include closing the chat function again. If you leave the site and leave the chat function open it will automatically open again next time you visit.

ADVERTS: The ad's at the bottom left are put there by the chat server host. If the function proves popular we'll look to move to a paid-for solution which does away with these.

This is purely experimental at the moment and we'll make a decision on keeping it depending on how popular it is and if it affects forum performance.

Have fun and please do leave your comments on this feature (good or bad) below. :thumbup:

PS - If you want to chat to everyone who is online, just click on "All users"

NOTE: IF YOU GET SICK OF THE CHAT FUNCTION AND THE POP-UP THAT COMES WITH IT SIMPLY CLOSE IT (click the bottom right symbol followed by "Close Chat".

See less See more
#2 ·
Was just away to say that advert popup is bugging me already, first thing I noticed... :x

#7 ·
MissFlux said:
I feel like i'm on facebook...but good idea though, just another way i can annoy Flux :thumbup:
It does look and behave very similar almost as if they came from the same source. :think: :think:

Now don't annoy Flux too much, at least not until he is recovered. :thumbup:

#10 ·
MissFlux said:
He's well enough to annoy me so it works both ways ;)
This is where i politely excuse myself from the conversation and let the fighting begin.

On topic - i have been using the chat function over the past few days and its quite good. Less annoying than facebook because you dont get the anonying little twats you went to school with trying to talk to you even though you haven't seen/spoken to/or heard from then in about 10 years+ (rant over :D )

#11 ·
iceman20014 said:
Less annoying than facebook because you dont get the anonying little twats you went to school with trying to talk to you even though you haven't seen/spoken to/or heard from then in about 10 years+ (rant over :D )
Lol, that's why it's no to facebook from me :thumbdown:

#12 ·
Thommohawk said:
iceman20014 said:
Less annoying than facebook because you dont get the anonying little twats you went to school with trying to talk to you even though you haven't seen/spoken to/or heard from then in about 10 years+ (rant over :D )
:think:
Why would you have anyone as a friend on facebook if they're so annoying?
I just say no to their friend request. :)

Posted from a mobile device via SciroccoNet Wireless

#13 ·
The Interceptor said:
cos i'm nosy and i want to see what people i went to school look like and what they are up to now. Simples :D

#15 ·
weird chat function doesnt work with me it says: chat (loading...), and it stays like that for a while no idea why :think:

#18 ·
The Interceptor said:
Thommohawk said:
iceman20014 said:

Lol, because I wouldn't, but I wouldn't want to get bombarded with requests from annoying people either...that would annoy me enough. Facebook = :thumbdown: :lol:

#21 ·
doitnow said:
raffoul232 said:
weird chat function doesnt work with me it says: chat (loading...), and it stays like that for a while no idea why :think:
The CHAT icon is visible in the top menu bar but clicking takes me nowhere and the path stays unaltered:

I've tried it in Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
Works fine for me on all three and Ie8. Antivirus settings could be to blame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.