Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what wax, polish, shampoo, mits, etc are you lot using to clean the ROC's outside paintwork.

Cheers

Craig

·
Registered
372 Posts
Gave my car a coat of 2 stage pure guard. I wash it with meguiars gold class shampoo or meguiars nxt generation shampoo. More wax will be added when the weather permits, meguiars next generation tech wax followed by turtle wax perium series protective extra gloss. The wheels will be treated to chemical guys wheel guard and the tyres get meguiars endurance tyre dressing.

I've heard very good things about swissoil so may move to that when my bottles run out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Generic Wheel Kleen for the Alloys (pinched from work :) )
Turtle Wax 'Wash and Wax' Body Shampoo.
Halfords Lambswool Mitt for top half
Halfords Microfibre Mitt for bottom half.
Meguiars Water Magnet Synthetic Chamois for pulling most of the water off.
Halfords Premium Chamois for finishing off.

Turtle Wax Hard Wax for body applied with
Auto Glym microfibre polishing cloths
Meguiars Final Detail Spray to finish.

Looking for a good vinyl protector for those sills and the grill. Also need a good hard wheel wax. The wheels get clean, but don't stay shiny very long. Any recommendations anyone?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Collinite for the body and the alloys to give a good protection but dont put it on in the cold weather as you wont get it off,keep your car in the garage with the heater on if you have one if your gonna polish it in this weather.

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
rocco69 said:
Collinite for the body and the alloys to give a good protection but dont put it on in the cold weather as you wont get it off,keep your car in the garage with the heater on if you have one if your gonna polish it in this weather.
Yeh m8 agree when I get mine I'll be using Collinite 915 very good and also as you say no point putting on in cold weather.

·
Registered
302 Posts
albertz33 said:
morrisons jet wash.....and thats it.
I hope ur joking m8 :shock:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I f your using Morrisons jet wash i hope i am not the second owner,you might as well use a BRILLO PAD and fairy liquid i do hope your joking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nope, i live on a top floor flat, no water points outside, so it has to be the jet wash, never did my GTI any harm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am quite anal when it comes to keeping the car clean!

Always gets a foam rinse first then pressure washed off, then 2 bucket wash using washmitts, not sure what make they are but I buy them from a pro detailer so there good. I use one for the top of the car and one for the bottoms. Shampoo I use is Chemical Guys Maxi Suds 2.

Clean the wheels with a seperate washmitt and have a long thing brush for the backs of the wheels. First of all I use Bilberry wheel cleaner and then rinse it off. Most of the crap comes off just from that. Jetseal 109 is good on the wheels I find also.

Dry using a really fluffy drying towel and have another for the wheels.

I use 303 Protectant on the black trim and tyres as it gives a clean matt look, I don't like the tacky shiney stuff!

Swissvan Nano Express on the paint after every wash, just a quick spray over to keep the wax looking really good.

Einzett ****pit Clean for the interior plastics, smells clean and leaves a clean but un-shiney finish. Seats and carpet treated with 303 also to keep them mint and stop things staining them. Going to try some Gtechnic stuff on them though at the end of the month.

Exhaust polished after each wash also.

Glass polished with Einzett stuff every month or so and after every wash I use Autoglym Show Shine to clean water marks off.

Car is waxed with Swissvax Devine which I had put on, should last ages. Was put on my golf in July and still comes up very well indeed!

Also use 303 on the engine plastics.

Majority of what I get can be purchased from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Theres probably more that I use aswell.

Pic of my storage cupboard for cleaning products below.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Blimey!! :shock: That's a lot of products, well worth it though I'm sure. When mine (finally) arrives it will be treated with kid gloves too!

·
Registered
572 Posts
thanks for this thread - hubby was most interested and I had to write loads of the products/items down for him to have a look at. Off to Halfords he went this morning and bought I don't know how much, which came to almost as much as the weekly shop :shock: - the thread didn't come with a cost warning though :lol:

my car should sparkle all week long after he's cleaned it next time and flies and muck should bounce off it !

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
zymol car wash
megs microfibre wash mit
megs water magnet drying towel
sealey twin comparment bucket (the same as the one offered in this months free draw)
meges tech wax & foam applicator
megs gold class & foam applicator
megs supreme polishing towel
wheels tectane foam cleaner
front grille & tyres tectane silicone spray
side strips and rubbers silicone spray or back to black

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Here's Mine...

Exterior
Meguiars Clay Bar / Detailing Spray - Definately Makes a Huge Difference! :thumbup:
Bilt Hamber Auto-Wash ph Neutral
Zymol HD Paint Cleaner
Zymol Creame Wax

Wheels
Turtlewax Platinum Wheel Cleaner
Turtlewax Platinum Tyre Dressing

Interior
Turtlewax Platinum Essential Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Turtlewax Platinum Glass Cleaner

Accessories
Karcher Pressure Washer
Turtlewax Wash Mitt
Meguiars Wheel Brush
Drying Towel
Microfibre Cloths
Microfibre Block
Wax Applicator
Tyre Dressing Applicator

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
albertz33 said:
morrisons jet wash.....and thats it.
Hilarious after everyone stating what stuff they use. :thumbup: :clap: :lol:
But it does a good job as you can select what you want when your using their jetwashs.
Only thing is that you can`t polish it. :think:

I use turtlewax shampoo
autoglym
rain x
back to black
Autoglym wheel cleaner

this gets down at least once a month but usually twice. Wheels never last long cleaned :(

I will move onto some of the other stuff that has been mentioned above though once I`ve finished with my current stuff

·
Registered
572 Posts
trix said:
careful EB i might be dropping mine at yours if he gets good at it :lol:
ah there's a thought he could earn a bit of money as part time car cleaner - can't have him having too much time on his hands as he's retired :lol:

He's even bought a lime green plastic container to put the vipers cleaning gear in :roll: god this man spends more money than me and has too much time on his hands :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts