Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered recently that my GT Roc SHOULD BE able to lower and raise the windows by using the key fob and the wing mirror should lower when selecting reverse...... however it didnt.

So, the car and I went to the dealers together today and did a lot of sitting around waiting. After a few hours the technician told me that my spare key did the window job but the key we had been using didnt. "Not a problem he said, wont take a minute to sort out" and disappeared. He returned some time later with some news, the spare key now didn't work but the other key did!

Even he couldn't quite work out how he had managed that himself and put it down to the car having a fault, not the key as he suspected. He even tried other keys and Rocs in the showroom but none of them would do what mine was (or wasn't) doing. He was literally scratching his head when he decided the only thing for it was to return on weekday when he can 'connect it to VW' to sort out.

This leads me on to the question I wish to ask......
My wing mirror doesnt tilt down when reverse is selected..... the technician has told me that he doesn't think it shoud do as it has parking sensors fitted (factory fitted) and so this negates that function.

Is this correct? Surely the mirror tilts down for kerb alignment etc regardless of parking sensors?

I thought I would ask other owners and enthusiasts as he wasnt too sure on what it did or didnt do and what he had done to my keys!

·
Registered
107 Posts
He's wrong, I have the folding mirrors option along with the factory fitted reversing sensors. The N/S mirror tilts down when reverse is engaged. It only works when the mirror control switch is in the L postion.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
This is one of the great mysteries of mankind. Why do some Rocs have mirrors that tilt when reversing and others don't ?
This matter has been debated at length in other places without any rational explanation ever being reached. And I'm afrain that your man with a spanner is way off the mark :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can we have a poll with ability to select whether mirror down works or not (two separate columns) and select the model & extra options on our cars?

May be able to get a clearer picture between us (and then tell VW! :lol: )

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imitebeurda said:
sciroccorocket said:
my car doesnt, im sure it only comes with the folding mirror option
Yep, your right rocket.
Thanks everyone for the advice and points. Seems mine is not the only one,

My car DOES have folding mirror option fitted.

waggers said:
I have the folding mirror option and auto lowering when selecting reverse but it is possible to set or deselect it from the car's set up menu. I suggest that if the option in set up is not there then it is not fitted to your car.
just gone into the menu, under convenience and Mirrors I can select to adjust them individually or both together. I can't see anything obviosu about tilt when reversing. I guess then my car doesnt have this feature :cry: But.... WHY?!?! How can some not and some do. i will be asking that very question on my next visit

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
The mirror situation is a bit of an enigma and something that everyone has been trying to figure out. As to the window situation, the guy at the dealer may not be aware of this as it's still a reasonably new car but I'm almost certain that you need to active the remote window function through the set-up menu in the Drivers Info System. Think it's called "Convenience Open" or something similar. Apologies if you've already tried that. :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.