Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Dublin but I'm considering buying my Scirocco in Northern Ireland to get a better spec for less money, even after paying the crazy registration tax and VAT down South.

The one thing that apparently I cannot order in the North though is a speedometer in kilometres rather than miles (unless I order a left-hand-drive!!). I think I can live with the speedo in miles (with the km reading in smaller print), but I wanted to check with some of you who have UK cars - is it possible to change the units for the trip computer and the odometer to km?

Thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
well i work in a vw garage in cork and i know that i can get the settin on the vw computer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean that you can switch the units for the trip computer and the odometer between km and miles?

Also, do you know if it's possible to retro-fit a km speedometer?

·
Registered
484 Posts
ya u can change the units i did it b4 for a person that wanted km ah if u wanted a km dash clock u would have 2 change the whole unit and thats not cheap

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can do it via the Settings menu onboard, this will make all your trips in KM, I'm not sure if it calculates in kmpg (mpg otherwise) but I can check on the way home for you tonight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that. The metric unit for fuel consumption is usually l/100km, so I guess that's what it switches to.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That certainly clears that one up! Thank you very much for the helpful pics rehmondo - really appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts