Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for being a dullard guys, but I noticed the other day that my coolant is going to need topping up. Is there any special sort that VW use, or shall i just pop to Halfords and buy the cheapest that they have got? :?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not an expert but are you sure it needs topping up? The MFD normally tells you of such mundane events, and seeing that you have 3 yrs free servicing I would take it along to dealer and get them to sort it. But to answer your question I would be wary of wacking any cheap coolant in as it might be immiscible with what is already in there... hmm that's a good word [note to self, try to include that in a sentence next time I am trying to baffle/impress the wife]

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Le_Savage said:
Not an expert but are you sure it needs topping up? The MFD normally tells you of such mundane events, and seeing that you have 3 yrs free servicing I would take it along to dealer and get them to sort it. But to answer your question I would be wary of wacking any cheap coolant in as it might be immiscible with what is already in there... hmm that's a good word [note to self, try to include that in a sentence next time I am trying to baffle/impress the wife]
"Darling, this gravy is completely immiscible with the rest of my dinner. I am afraid unless you have an adequate explanation I am going to have to go for a 2 hour drive in the scirocco to consider my druthers at this time."

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
you should have at least 40% minimum coolant additive, to top up the spec is G12 plus-plus (TL-VW774 G) or G12 plus (TL-VW774 F) you can top up with either, both are purple in colour dont put any other colour additive in, i would go 50 50 mix water to coolant additive, rember to park on a level surface when checking the level, hope this helps :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
you should have at least 40% minimum coolant additive, to top up the spec is G12 plus-plus (TL-VW774 G) or G12 plus (TL-VW774 F) you can top up with either, both are purple in colour dont put any other colour additive in, i would go 50 50 mix water to coolant additive, rember to park on a level surface when checking the level, hope this helps :D
Speaking of Dullards!!

But in all seriousness you actually sound like you know what you are talking about ;)

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Le_Savage said:
sciroccorocket said:
Speaking of Dullards!!

But in all seriousness you actually sound like you know what you are talking about ;)
i have my moments :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.