Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Ordered new Scirocco in February the day before price increase (8 to 10 weeks delivery!)
2.0 TSI GT
Salsa Red
Leather
Rear Parking Sensors
Cruise
Flat Tyre Indicator
Parrot 3100
Premier Mats

Great forum.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Change your parrot for Bury as its now retailer standard fit for £204 much better unit than the parrot, or talk to bigdawgbaker about one of his units but they are a lot more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BM for the advice,
I have had Parrot 3100's in my last two cars and had no complaints and I also like the fact they are quite small and neat. I will certainly have a look at the Bury, do you know where the Bury is normally fitted? Again thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi BM

Can you give a bit more detail on the Bury kit - not heard of it before?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Many thanks - looks good. Shame my dealer hadn't heard of it before I ordered the Parrot tho' :oops: Will bear it in mind if the 3100 doesn't work out......

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rang dealer today about delivery build date and they told me that they are about to fit a Bury system to their demo. They are not sure where they are going to fit it, one idea was to fit to the sun visor! Thanks again to BM for the info.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi All,

V interesting topic, but I am litlle confused. I have gone for the factory fitted option eg the blutooth tele prep. Is this kit recommended as something in addition or instead of?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Instead of, certainly in my case. But the factory fit, though expensive, would have been nice as it would be sleeker.

One thing to check out though - will your phone work properly with it - I seem to recall reading somehwere that it works with certain Nokias that comply with the rSAP standard. Without that, you won't get the full address book functionality through the built in screen.

Others with more experience may be able to clarify/correct if I've got it all wrong! :roll:

·
Registered
142 Posts
jim68585 said:
Instead of, certainly in my case. But the factory fit, though expensive, would have been nice as it would be sleeker.

One thing to check out though - will your phone work properly with it - I seem to recall reading somehwere that it works with certain Nokias that comply with the rSAP standard. Without that, you won't get the full address book functionality through the built in screen.

Others with more experience may be able to clarify/correct if I've got it all wrong! :roll:
Now have bitter experience with rSAP

Frankly I had never heard of rSAP and there was no warning by the dealer when we ordered the Bluetooth option. As far as I was concerned Bluetooth was Bluetooth. Tried to pair a Motorola KRZR. The phone is recognised as a device but will not pair as it is incompatible (so the display says). I am not sure why VW have chosen to restrict Bluetooth in this way. At the very least dealers should warn people and have a list of compatible phones. I have a Nokia which does connect okay and the integration is good - as good as that on Mrs Blink's previous car (Astra SRi) if not better. However since the Rocco is hers not mine we'll be out at the weekend to buy a new phone! Trouble is no-one in the phone shops I went to yesterday had heard of rSAP, so I am not 100% sure of what is and what is not going to be compatible. Some more Googling today I think....

·
Registered
258 Posts
another rsap question . If i am understanding it right, does this remote sim thingy migig mean that even if you had a rsap enabled phone and some of your numbers were not saved on the actual sim memory but on the phone itself, then they would not be indentified by the scirocco bluetooth?

Also can the bluetooth pair with a non Rsap phone with reduced functionality, is it like an all or nothing principle?

·
Registered
142 Posts
atayub said:
another rsap question . If i am understanding it right, does this remote sim thingy migig mean that even if you had a rsap enabled phone and some of your numbers were not saved on the actual sim memory but on the phone itself, then they would not be indentified by the scirocco bluetooth?

Also can the bluetooth pair with a non Rsap phone with reduced functionality, is it like an all or nothing principle?
My (limited) experience is that it is an all or nothing thing, so basically all Moto's, Sonys, most Samsungs etc are out. I suspect someone at VAG received big bucks from Nokia !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have just order my Scirocco and having a Parrott in my old car (clearly not literally!) i decided to order the VW bluetooth option. Has anyone out there who has this option tried it with the Iphone 3G? I would be interest to know. Thanks in advance.

Jimbo

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jimbo said:
Hi,

I have just order my Scirocco and having a Parrott in my old car (clearly not literally!) i decided to order the VW bluetooth option. Has anyone out there who has this option tried it with the Iphone 3G? I would be interest to know. Thanks in advance.

Jimbo
Sorry for a delayed response so you may already know the answer. According to my list (from earlier in this thread, German Wiki) the IPhone 3G will not work

1 - 19 of 19 Posts