Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've had my Scirocco for about 2 weeks now, really enjoying it so far but was wondering if anyone knew if the problem about getting cruise control fitted has been sorted out yet?

One of the main agreements I made with the dealer for getting the car was that it would be fitted for me, they are still saying they will do it but don't have any idea when the problem will be sorted.

G

·
Cant help you with that. Business Manager is probably the person to answer your question. Im sure he will be along soon.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Right this is what happened today re the cruise issue. The part arrived from Volkswagen ready for fitting into the Scirocco. We managed to fit the bits for the cruise but the electronics wouldn't pair up in the car meaning it simply wouldn't work. Technical couldn't give us an answer and advised that the cruise was still underdevelopment. We have had no dates for when any software will be released.

We tried though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Chaps

I have clearly missed a crucial element from this thread, but why are you having cruise fitted at the dealers? The factory option is just as cheap/expensive (depending on your point of view) surely? Was it a stock car that you are retro-fitting? I have ordered cruise as factory option and don't want to be told there's a delay with fitting it. Please reassure me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, yes it was a stock car it's to be fitted in, getting slightly concerned about how long this will take to do now.

The power the car has I'm likely to lose my license driving down the A9...lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
MarkoRocco said:
Hi Chaps

I have clearly missed a crucial element from this thread, but why are you having cruise fitted at the dealers? The factory option is just as cheap/expensive (depending on your point of view) surely? Was it a stock car that you are retro-fitting? I have ordered cruise as factory option and don't want to be told there's a delay with fitting it. Please reassure me!
Ordered mine with Cruise and it works a treat.

·
Registered
277 Posts
darknite said:
Thanks for the info guys, yes it was a stock car it's to be fitted in, getting slightly concerned about how long this will take to do now.

The power the car has I'm likely to lose my license driving down the A9...lol
Terrible road

G

·
May be a stupid question but why would the retro unit be any different from the factory one? Would have thought they were the same just not fitted at the...er factory.

Shouldn't it just work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts