Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
The kit was available originally but the coding was incorrect and volkswagen technical couldnt figure it out, i have fitted 3 succesfuly and sorted the coding out. any questions u need answering mate will be pleased to answer them. i ordered my scirocco gt in feb with out ccs but got the kit from work for next to nothing, only takes about 30 mins to fit and code. cant wait to get the car
dazz (volkswagen master tech)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Chaps...has the retro cruise control been sorted yet by dealers? just about to ask mine about it

·
Registered
372 Posts
zum wohl said:
Chaps...has the retro cruise control been sorted yet by dealers? just about to ask mine about it
Zum Wohl,

let me know how you get on with that one. I've waiting for the revised kit since Jan...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Candy Monster said:
zum wohl said:
Zum Wohl,

let me know how you get on with that one. I've waiting for the revised kit since Jan...
Okay CM. I asked my dealer on friday if it was available and was it a reliable install/option? They said yes, no problem at all... £189 fitted. I ordered it...so, we will see! My dealer is a very large one who I do reckon have some pretty skilled technicians. Depends on whether the kit is really available to them though i suppose...will keep you posted.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just to update...booked into the dealers on the 5th May for the retro cruise, will keep you posted as to results!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Got mine booked in for monday now as i'm doing a long journey tues. Phoned a couple of dealers and got a couple of quotes. £220 and £153 fitted. Fair difference so shop around!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Waste of money in my opinion... your right foot goes up & down you know ;) I actually enjoy in a perverse way the average speed cameras... it's all about feathering that throttle.... & then booting it after you've gone past the last camera & watching the world go backwards :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dead right CM...£189 for mine....
Shooms...ever do Calais to Torino?...[without seeing a speed trap]...worth every penny IMHO :cool:

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
i agree zw i love cruise too and really miss it, ive had it on my last 4 cars but as my roc was a stock car it hasent got but it is on my shopping list,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cheers rocket...btw, can I see some stretch marks in that excellent [& rare] opal finish?? :) HeHe...looking well though, nice pic

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
zum wohl said:
Cheers rocket...btw, can I see some stretch marks in that excellent [& rare] opal finish?? :) HeHe...looking well though, nice pic
Yeh its definetely getting..........err...........longer........... :shock: :shock: :?

·
Registered
372 Posts
shooms said:
Waste of money in my opinion... your right foot goes up & down you know ;) I actually enjoy in a perverse way the average speed cameras... it's all about feathering that throttle.... & then booting it after you've gone past the last camera & watching the world go backwards :D
I'm not going to use cruise on short journeys, I'll be having too much fun! I travel York to Gatwick reguarly though and at one point there's a 16 mile stretch of 50mph average speed check :roll: (with nobody ever working on the roadworks and the third lane looking fine to me ). Why dont they do a mile at a time? Don't worry, I'll still drop it into 4th and boot it 16 miles down the road :D .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Candy Monster said:
shooms said:
I'm not going to use cruise on short journeys, I'll be having too much fun! I travel York to Gatwick reguarly though and at one point there's a 16 mile stretch of 50mph average speed check :roll: (with nobody ever working on the roadworks and the third lane looking fine to me ). Why dont they do a mile at a time? Don't worry, I'll still drop it into 4th and boot it 16 miles down the road :D .
Is that on the M1 just after Nottingham (travelling Northbound)... I remember going up it last month at 8 at night & it was dead & I still had to crawl along @ 50 :evil:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts