Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can anyone pass comment. Placed order last week for GT TDI 170ps, pretty standard car, leather, 12 wat seats, Rising Blue. Have today been given build week 37 and am being told official line from VW is 16 weeks now. Just want to ensure the dealer who has my order is doing their best for me... and of course want the car sooner!!

Any info appreciated :thumbup: :thumbdown: :evil:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been told that the VW factory shuts down end of June for 6 weeks, so my dealer tells me this is standard practice but usually only 4/5 weeks, but this year its slightly longer. So this will extend lead times for delivery.

Also, asked my dealer if he could speed up delivery and was told that once it goes to the factory, it's out of his hands and in the hands of the factory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
16 weeks?! Nooooooooooooo. I thought I was 3 weeks in to a 12 week wait and now it seems I've taken a 1 week step back!

The worse thing is, I'm getting mine as a company car so I've got no way of even finding out when it is due to be made or anything. Does anyone know if lease companies, Alphabet in this case, hold any weight in getting cars quicker as they would possibly be ordering a few at a time, or do they just wait in line like everybody else?

Right, I'm going to go back to repeatedly banging my head against my desk.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.