Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys as some of you may know I am having some "technical" difficulties with my camera at the minute and as such have not been able to take any pics since I had my Sportec graphics kit fitted. However, I did find a few shots I took after I hd the black plastic side strips custom painted body colour. I also had the boot and bonnet badges painted "satin black".

Thought I would post the pics to let you guys see them in case some of you were thinking of getting this done. Personally I like it, but I think it looks a million times better now the graphics are on. Most people seem to like the badges some are not so sure about the side strips, so I promise I wont take offence!! :lol: ;) I think it is subtly different without being too in your face!!

P.S. apologies, these were taken just after they were fitted so car wasnt even washed or cleaned and you can actually see some of the grease around the bonnet badge in that photo I have just noticed :oops: :oops: but you get the idea!!!

Had the badges and side strips done at a local body shop. Removal, preparation, painting and refitting was £150 all in. Not too bad I thought.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I must say I think that looks really good.
To my eyes you have the car lowered to the right height to start with but with the painted side strips it looks lower and more ground hugging still.
Subtle but effective.
Your wheels suit it too.
Nice one

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nickp said:
To my eyes you have the car lowered to the right height to start with
Cheers Nick, I used the eibach pro spring kit, £289 fitted from a dealer, lowers the rear 30mm and the front 20mm. I feel it makes the car look more level and more aggressive, but does not adversely affect the ride. ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fronts are 8.5J with 235 x 35 tyres (19's) rears are 9.5J with 265 x 30 tyres. Not sure of the offset as rimstyle.com custom drilled the wheels to fit the roc. They have all the details (in fact if you log onto their site they will show you the wheels and tyres available for the roc) I found them very good, I specifically wanted much wider rears to fill out the rear arches, I was very limited in my choice (unless you wanted to pay £3K+) but the guys there were very helpful and had these specifically drilled for me, delivered to NI in 3 days. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree you have a very good looking car! Did you ever consider removing the strips instead of painting them? Mine is Candy White. Unsure of which way to go. Great choice of wheels.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Removing them is fine for the fitting of a bodykit, but otherwise is not really an option. They are glued and grommited on. So when the strips are removed there is an "indent" where the strip was and also a row of holes. The easiest and IMHO best option is to get them painted. ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
There have been somme questions up before about lowering the ROC and how it would effect your warranty, but I see you got your dealer to fit springs, does that mean your warranty will stay intact?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VW dealer didnt fit the springs, it was my local "speedshop" that did it for me. IMHO changing the springs should not affect your warranty (unless you have a very picky dealer) maybe BM has an opinion on that one? Shocks and ACS were unaffected, basically just a shorter spring. If the warranty issue was caused as a direct result of the springs I could understand it but I cant think of what problems they could cause. Have done nearly 3,000 miles on them, ride was not significantly altered by them.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
most dealers won't hit you for springs unless the suspension screws or some of the electrical stuff related to suspension and they can't fix it easily then they will blame the springs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts