Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I saw a thread on SciroccoCentral that got me a bit confused :? Can anyone please confirm for me that with dynaudio and DAB options you still get the IPOD and Multi media sockets in the arm rest? The only reason i ask is it sounded like the DAB etc came with the CD changer that replaces the IPOD in the armrest.

While i am on the subject of clairty i have ordered the mats option with the car, now my question is are they the fabric ones with scirocco on them or some cheaper version and i have to specify the premium ones? Apologies for the multiple questions but your answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jimbo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thanks for the clarification BM, much appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Your are a bit confused, so let me help - the only time the 6CD changer is in the arm rest is if it's chosen with Sat Nav - Dynaudio does not affect the CD situation and neither does DAB as for both the standard and DAB Radios have the 6CD changer built into the unit hence the arm rest space is taken up by the MMI - where as in the Sat Nav unit - the space in the unit is taken up by the 30GB HDD therefore if you really want a CD changer then they put it in the arm rest.

So if your choosing DAB regardless of Dynaudio then you will get the iPod interface as well as a 6CD change built into the unit which also reads mp3 cds!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
rehmondo said:
Your are a bit confused, so let me help - the only time the 6CD changer is in the arm rest is if it's chosen with Sat Nav - Dynaudio does not affect the CD situation and neither does DAB as for both the standard and DAB Radios have the 6CD changer built into the unit hence the arm rest space is taken up by the MMI - where as in the Sat Nav unit - the space in the unit is taken up by the 30GB HDD therefore if you really want a CD changer then they put it in the arm rest.

So if your choosing DAB regardless of Dynaudio then you will get the iPod interface as well as a 6CD change built into the unit which also reads mp3 cds!
yep what he says lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Jimbo said:
While i am on the subject of clairty i have ordered the mats option with the car, now my question is are they the fabric ones with scirocco on them or some cheaper version and i have to specify the premium ones? Apologies for the multiple questions but your answers would be appreciated.
I'm sure I read somewhere the factory mats don't have the word 'Scirocco' on them, so you are best getting the dealer fit premium ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts