Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change the setting so the lights are not always on? The dealership says they can't change it. The instructions in the handbook do not work. Is there another way??
Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
imitebeurda said:
See this thread...........

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=581&hilit=daylight+running

They can be switched off by your dealer, but once switched off cannot be switched back on again. The law is changing in a couple of years anyway when they will be a legal requirement. You do get used to them so I would just leave them for the time being and see how you get on. ;)
they can be switched back on again, its a little white lie by the dealers to make you think twice about switching them off

·
Registered
74 Posts
Finally got round to contacting a dealer regarding switching off my DRL's .(not the one I got the car from who flatly refused!)
I initially had the usual - it can't be done,it'll soon be law,can't be reversed if we could ,etc etc . After a bit of a chat and banter they finally agreed to do the job for £35 and when would you like to book it in Sir?
I had it confirmed that if it was done all the auto light functionality (like it was on my Gti) will work.So I booked it in for next Thursday ,so watch this space. :crazy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
In vag com simply de select scandanavian DRL!!!! simples..... cant believe the main stealer charged £35
martdy said:
Finally got round to contacting a dealer regarding switching off my DRL's .(not the one I got the car from who flatly refused!)
I initially had the usual - it can't be done,it'll soon be law,can't be reversed if we could ,etc etc . After a bit of a chat and banter they finally agreed to do the job for £35 and when would you like to book it in Sir?
I had it confirmed that if it was done all the auto light functionality (like it was on my Gti) will work.So I booked it in for next Thursday ,so watch this space. :crazy:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know it's a rip off but don't have access to vag com so £35 it is. Might be sarcastic when I take it in and ask why it's £35 for a 2 minute job - I know labour rates are high but thats a piss take :wtf:

·
Registered
74 Posts
know what you mean .Tend to leave them on sidelights around town at the mo cos it's summer and looks daft on main. agree motorways is safer left on main. I just want them to work like they did on my gti - if I want them on I switch them on, if I want them auto I leave them auto ,If I want them off I turn them off. Guess i'm a control freak!! :wtf:

·
Registered
74 Posts
DRL's now off :clap: And cheaper than I thought £34.99 ! 1p off, bargain- not
Did use and abuse the stealers hospitality while I waited though and ordered all the bits for the covered cup holder.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Yeh no probs matey. Seen that done myself. Bit unsure TBH, it looks okay but I use the cup holders all the time and from what Ive heard some people have had a nightmare doing it and wish they had never bothered! :cry:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll let you all know how I get on when the bits arrive............... :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.