Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else confused by the manual. It states that you can't turn them on yourself and then continues to tell you how to turn them off..

Saying that, I can get them to turn off.

Help

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really annoys me when manufacturers make features like that, that you aren't allowed to change yourself. Especially when you have a menu system like on the Roc.

Anyone work out how to turn them off, let me know... please!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah they've removed the ability to turn them off yourself. They have to be done via the dealer's VAG-COM gizmo, and apparently not all dealers will actually do it for you. I'm quite lucky that mine has agreed to turn them off for me before I pick mine up on the 16th.

·
Registered
283 Posts
my dealer just did it, was amazed, no fuss, issues or anything just got on and did the job

G

·
I quite like them. Think the roc looks better from the rear with lights on.

Just wish the fog light boys would grow up and realise they're just not cool!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The manual is confusing - perhaps a translation issue. Can't turn them off

I am an experienced enough driver to control the lights all by myself. And the windscreen wipers for that matter.

If I wanted a Volvo I would buy one!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ian said:

I am an experienced enough driver to control the lights all by myself. And the windscreen wipers for that matter.

My feelings precisely

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think this is the way most manufacturers are going due to some pending change in the law as apparently it will save lives.

I'm sure you'll find the same issues on any mk6 Golf forum plus anything new from VW/Audi/Seat.

You cannot turn them off yourself but if you insist your dealer will do it for you.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
by ian on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 am

Here Here... give me back my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My rocco due mid April. After reading about daytime lights here I checked with dealer - He wants £150 to turn them off!! :shock: :shock:

anybody else being charged like this??

·
Registered
283 Posts
no charge just did it when it was in having some warranty work done, outragious given its a simple settings issue

·
Registered
22 Posts
sciroccogirl said:
My rocco due mid April. After reading about daytime lights here I checked with dealer - He wants £150 to turn them off!! :shock: :shock:

anybody else being charged like this??
My dealership turned my off - no charge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts