Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question - do all Scirocco's now come fitted with DRL's and can anyone show me a picture of theirs in action, are they seperate LEDs (i.e. Audi style) or are they just they just use the nornal headlights?

·
Registered
34 Posts
shooms said:
For non-Xenon's its just normal headlights.... & it's gayer than Graham Norton & Michael Barrymore in a no - holes barred gayathon :cry:
What about the Xenons though?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think I will get used to them when my car eventually arrives! Bit when I had a dem for a few days, just hated seeing the reflection of my lights on the car in front. Don't know why, maybe cos I am not used to it, felt liek something just wasn't right all the time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
atayub said:
I think I will get used to them when my car eventually arrives! Bit when I had a dem for a few days, just hated seeing the reflection of my lights on the car in front. Don't know why, maybe cos I am not used to it, felt liek something just wasn't right all the time.
Same here... I think the rocc is a head turner enough without the need for the 'who's the dickhead with their lights on ?' looks from peeps...

·
Registered
34 Posts
DJW said:
jim68585 said:
What about the Xenons though?
You get dedicated DRL's with the xenons.

One advantage is that the rear and numberplate lights do not come on.

Dave
Thanks - that's good to know! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Its true DRL's do attract more attention...but if you don't want attention don't buy a Roc! I didn't buy it specifically to attract attention...but at the moment its very much a fact of life! There have been other threads on here on the subject...just relax, go with the flow, you soon get used to 'em... :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I cant stand them either. Especially since we have an auto option for the lights! With DLRs it is useless.
Im also tired of people pointing and flashing their lights to tell me mine are on! I have purchased and installed some LED DLRs where the parking lights are situated. I now just need someone with VAG COM to disable my DLRs that come standard.
photo.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
zum wohl said:
Its true DRL's do attract more attention...but if you don't want attention don't buy a Scirocco! I didn't buy it specifically to attract attention...but at the moment its very much a fact of life! There have been other threads on here on the subject...just relax, go with the flow, you soon get used to 'em... :cool:
and you never see them yourself, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.