Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking after reading various posts about other models and other features provided by the likes of the fiscon. I wonder why we don't get updates on the cars the same way you can update nearly everything else these days. Like apple releasing a new os for the iPhone free to download. It would give the dealers maybe a bit more business if the only way it was available was a free software update during servicing. Maybe even a part of the website that customers can have a wish list for things like, boost , oil pressure , single large gear digit for the dsg owners and maybe some form of flash for a shift light, the acc mode as seen in imitebeurda's post on the passat. Endless combinations

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a couple of ECU updates on my mk5 gti during the 4 years i owned it . It did seem smoother afterwards but the updates were done at service time so it could just have been that :roll:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
an ecu update to make the engine smoother is nice but its not what i'm talking about, i'm talking about enabling the dash to display like in newer models and those with the fiscon phone kit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry,just read your post properly - Doh!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nah, cars are very upto date tech wise when they come out but are so behind the times in being updated afterwards. Yeah they release updates for the ecu etc to cure a hiccup that they missed in development but its more than possible to update other features. There are not many things these days that a laptop can't be plugged into. I was well surprised when our new dishwasher started playing up and when the engineer carrived he dropped a service panel and plugged in his laptop! If a dishwasher can be updated a 20 grand car can! Vw just can't be bothered investing time and money on anything other than essential updates. But just think how happy everyone would be with such things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.