Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have already read elsewhere it is with great sadness that I write to advise that Chris G, known to most of us as RW1, passed away earlier this month. I'm sure many of you know him from the vast amount of knowledge he possessed wither through pm's or reading his posts.

If anyone wishes to know the funeral details please contact me via email [email protected]
A page has been set up in Chris' memory on Just Giving with all donations going to the Vulcan To the Sky Trust, Chris worked for many years at BAE and as we all know his thirst for knowledge to impart to all of us be it a little rattle or a larger issue would usually result in him pulling apart one thing or another to understand it and document it.

www.justgiving.com/ChrisRW1Gaskell

Obviously Chris was a large presence on the VW coupe concours circuit and would always be present at Stanford Hall come rain or shine which, this year is on Sunday 5th May, and a number of us will be looking to have a small gathering of us there to honour him to which everyone is very welcome.

He would not want us to dwell but to go out and build on our knowledge. Please raise a glass to a wonderful knowledgeable man who will be sorely missed.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Very sad news Trix. Thank you for coming across and sharing with us for both those who know him, either personally or from his hundreds of useful posts. I'm sure I can speak on behalf of us all with condolences to all his family and friends.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

Having spoken with a number of Chris' friends from the Mk2 and Corrado realms and his sister we have set up a page in his memory on Just Giving with all donations going to the Vulcan To the Sky Trust, Chris worked for many years at BAE and as we all know his thirst for knowledge to impart to all of us be it a little rattle or a larger issue would usually result in him pulling apart one thing or another to understand it and document it.

www.justgiving.com/ChrisRW1Gaskell

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very sad news. His contributions and expertise will be sorely missed by all. Sympathies to family and friends.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To those who wish to join us we will be having a gathering at Stanford Hall on the 5th May at 1pm on the Corrado Stand to honour Chris, this year is the 25th anniversary of the Corrado & they have got a 50 car stand on the corner of the lower courtyard not far from the coupe concours line.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sad news My Thoughts are with his family

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Sad news Trix. Thoughts are with his family. Take care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts