Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I ordered my scirocco at that start of Jan and now im being told it will be delivered May 15th... I mean, come on... can it really take that long to build a car? Is it unrealistic of me to expect my new car to be built in less that 5 months?!?!

Interested to hear from anyone else who has also been fobbed off with a ridiculous delivery date.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
277 Posts
took almost 7 months for mine to be delivered from the day i ordered it, VAT change didnt help as i had to redo the order.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
albertz33 said:
took almost 7 months for mine to be delivered from the day i ordered it
Man, that seriously sucks. Some guy round the corner has got a TDI rocco now so I badly want my 2.0T GT :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
baysideblue said:
what spec? what features?
2.0TSI
Cruise Control
Metallic Paint
Rear Parking Sensor
Elc Fldble Dr Mrrs
Dynaudio Soundpack
Carpet Mats
Flat Tyre Indicator

·
Registered
78 Posts
hmm... there was a thread on here a while back about sunroofs getting delayed but that won't affect you obviously.
I'm surprised they've done that. seems like a big increase are they not being super cautious with the date they give you?

i hope not as i ordered mine on the 21st of jan and was told the end of this month!!! :evil: Mine doesn't really have much of a spec though lol. 2.0Tdi GT with leather seats - thats it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't agree more - this is not a significant spec up IMO nothing crazy like a sunroof.

Perhaps they are being cautious, but i highly doubt it - one would have thought that a delivery date is a delivery date. It was originally 4th May, now its the 15th... go figure.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered on 31st December and they still can't give me a delivery date more precise than "the end of April". Build date week 14.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where are all these dates coming from I wonder? Dealers who have nothing but a hunch? The factory? The middle men?

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Who knows. But I totally agree. It should not take anywhere near as long as it is to order, build and deliver a car.

I was told that when the car is built it takes 4 weeks to deliver. So it therefore, given how long I have to wait, it takes 3 months for it to be ordered.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dodds98 said:
Who knows. But I totally agree. It should not take anywhere near as long as it is to order, build and deliver a car.
I was told that when the car is built it takes 4 weeks to deliver. So it therefore, given how long I have to wait, it takes 3 months for it to be ordered.
The only half reasonable solution i've managed to come up with is that they must be consolidating transportation (most likely container shipping) and keeping enough cars in storage until they can ship them all together to germany from the factory, then they distribute through the EU from there probably via road.

I have no evidence for this, but it seems with the VW factory on a 3 day week and management trying to reduce costs, this might be why we are all waiting, waiting some more, and, oh, did I mention were waiting? lol.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Tim,

I also ordered around same time as yourself (beginning of Jan) and my spec. is very similar to yours ( I have added Sat Nav as well) and I have been given end of March for delivery. I have spoken to dealer a few times with various questions and they are still sticking to end of March for delivery date, so I am very surprised they are saying your is pushed out to mid May!

Perhaps I will find out soon if mine is delayed!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Skippy, that is a bit of potential light at the end of the tunnel!

Out of interest, which dealer / area did you order yours in? One would presume its all centralized ordering, but it would be cool to know. This goes back to what we were saying earlier about where on earth do they get delivery dates from?

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Tim,

Yes, mine is ordered from Loders in Dorchester, my local dealer is actually Breeze in Poole, but I did not find them very good!

Paul (alias skippy)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah Interesting, I had a demo from Poole (although I live miles away... go figure!)...

I ordered through our corporate scheme, so im not too sure what the bobby is - I think they work with Morden Volkswagen in London to actually order VW's?

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
ah ok, yes the branch in Poole (Breeze) is a huge showroom, When I went down there just after Christmas I had to wait for ages until anyone could see us (and I had a prior booking), so although the staff were friendly enough I wanted to spend my 20 grand where I felt a bit more wanted!

still baffling on the delivery date saga though!

·
Registered
302 Posts
timperrett said:
Hey guys,

I ordered my scirocco at that start of Jan and now im being told it will be delivered May 15th... I mean, come on... can it really take that long to build a car? Is it unrealistic of me to expect my new car to be built in less that 5 months?!?!

Interested to hear from anyone else who has also been fobbed off with a ridiculous delivery date.

Cheers, Tim
I ordered mine on 9th January a black 2.0L DSG with £3k worth of options and still have no delivery date yet :!:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I ordered a 2.0 TSi GT DSG in white with a panoramic roof plus a few other bits and pieces on the 20th of Feb. I got a call from the dealer on friday giving me build date of week 17. He told me when I ordered it that they usually arrive a couple of weeks after the build.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts