Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have access to a diesel Scirocco demonstrator. I have to say the car suits petrol better as the mpg is very good but if u do the miles I can organise a demo in a diesel. Stock is available so get in touch if u want one lots of cars now in stock.

Jon
VW Cirencester

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Diesel demonstrator now on site. We have a black scirocco Diesel non GT DSG - first non GT I've seen. A Red 2.0T GT and a Rising Blue 2.0T GT with leather, sensors and NAV.

·
Registered
20 Posts
business manager said:
We now have access to a diesel Scirocco demonstrator. I have to say the car suits petrol better as the mpg is very good but if u do the miles I can organise a demo in a diesel. Stock is available so get in touch if u want one lots of cars now in stock.

Jon
VW Cirencester
I have just ordered a new 2.0gt petrol and the alloys that are on the car are 17 inch and not 18 as standard,the vehicles on a 2 year lease and it comes next week,do you know why,as all the leasing companies are showing 17 inch alloys? yet vw states 18s.Cheers

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VW has mis-built a lot of scirocco's with incorrect alloys. These cars attract a factory discount of £750 and as all the retail customers seem to want the 18" alloys anyway I imagine they've pumped them into the lease companies as the fleet market customers are less important (they pay less for the cars).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am awaiting delivery,as this is the first time i have personal leased, i will probably be disappointed with not having the 18 inch alloys as standard,and hope they are not the alloys off the non gt version,its not the same as outright ownership as i have bee used too,but with the current economic downturn leasing is saving me 10k over 2 years.i have noticed on my credit referance search the finance company has actually purchased the vehicle for £16890 thats 4 grand cheaper than list,and i can either purchase the car after 2 years at the low purchase cost,hand it back, or continue with the lease at a reduced price,pretty impressive with the figures really,we seem to be going down the route of the americans(personal leasing) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheers for that,they are the wheels off the bog standard model,yet the picture is of a GT version because it has the front fogs,strange? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rocco69 said:
I am awaiting delivery,as this is the first time i have personal leased, i will probably be disappointed with not having the 18 inch alloys as standard,and hope they are not the alloys off the non gt version,its not the same as outright ownership as i have bee used too,but with the current economic downturn leasing is saving me 10k over 2 years.i have noticed on my credit referance search the finance company has actually purchased the vehicle for £16890 thats 4 grand cheaper than list,and i can either purchase the car after 2 years at the low purchase cost,hand it back, or continue with the lease at a reduced price,pretty impressive with the figures really,we seem to be going down the route of the americans(personal leasing) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bear in mind your leasing company has reclaimed the VAT so they've paid £16980 + 15% so £19527. A scirocco has 14.5% in it for the dealer profit margin even with an extra £750 reg bonus the lease company getting £4k discount is unlikely, particually as dealers are allocated less than 1 car per month of scirocco.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The credit search clearly stipulates £16890 to finance,that is clearly the purchase cost to finance,the best price i could get was £2200 off the cost to purchase from a dealer,so i went down the lease road as it saved me a lot of cash in the long run,and there is some excellent deals out there at the moment as they struggle to sell cars. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Guys

Compare and contrast non GT to the real deal.

I appreciate the current economic climate and as someone who works in property I am on the front line of the current situation but if you can afford it there is no comparison between the look of the two variants.

The non GT is a great looking car as it has the scirocco lines but simply looks inferior to the GT SPEC.

Criticise away!!!

Roc On!!

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
think if you bought one in a few years time when you try to flog it you may get some questions asked why its slightly different, the other style 17s look better imho, thing is all these deals are great, however, if i'd waited my old motor would be worth nothing and its been great having one of the ealier batches, still remember that day we met up LCM and arrived one by one :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't criticise the car at all its a work of art to look at, what the point i am trying to make is you go to vw look at, and test drive a gt version,so when you put the order in to the leasing company you see on the invoice its got 17s as standard,so if you purchased one of these vehicles when the leasing companies trade them at auction some folk would be puzzled,the wheels look nice,and its different when you see the car in the flesh,hopefully in the next few days, cant wait. :p :p :p :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts