Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find this covered anywhere already (but I could be wrong).
When you're getting insurance quotes for your Roc do you have to list all of your factory fitted options or does that show up automatically to the insurer when you give your registration number ?
Would be a real pain having to do that several time over when getting quotes.
I'm thinking that for example I've specced 18" Interlagos alloys on my 14 TSI. If the insurer didn't know about them and they were damaged of stolen then they would only cough up for the standard 17" wheels.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As I understand it, anything specced at time of order, from the manufacturers options list does not need to be listed. Only items that are non standard (lowering, milltek exhaust, bodykit, remap etc) need to be declared.

Thats how i was told to do it years ago when I worked for an insurance broker, but they were a bit dodgy, so I'm prepared to be told I'm wrong!

·
Registered
315 Posts
At the end of the day, if your car is a write-off the insurance company will only give you current market (rather than replacement) value and extras don't make that much difference. Suggest return to invoice GAP insurance is worth having (cheaper to buy on-line rather than through your VW dealer).

·
Registered
57 Posts
All insurance is a con....they ask if its modified in a way to increase performance or handling....Mine has reversing sensors so will my insurance be LESS cuz im less lightly to hit something or MORE cuz i can reverse so fast now :roll: Think about it :?:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used to auto-test a, and im not kidding, 1989 Nissan Sunny 1.6 Auto.....It would out drag a Fiesta XR2i ...IN REVERSE.. The Fiesta had to change into 2nd to keep up...The Sunny was clocked at 45mph going backwards yee haa

·
Registered
57 Posts
scottyroc said:
I'd say, if you want to make sure, just be up front with them, its only going to cost you an extra £30 quid or so :D per month :shock: :lol:
£30 PER MONTH EXTRA:?: :?: :?: I should hope not...my Roc only cost me £248 per year full comp protected with More-Than

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.