Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just wondered whether anyone out there has any experience of remapping a TDi.
My car (Candy White TDi GT, DSG, Truffle, Sunroof, Sensors and Cruise) is due August / September and I wondered what the advantages are?
I know alot of you petrol heads sneer at we diesel drivers, but for me it just makes more sense......cheaper lease costs as well as tons of low down grunt, and really quick in real world conditions.
Just wondered whether anyone else has taken this step, and if so which company was it with, what was the cost and what effect did it have in terms of power / torque gains, performance improvements and effect on MPG?
Also, doesn't remapping invalidate manufacturers warranty?
Would appreciate any advice.
Cheers
:?

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
sneer, :lol: i had my last TDI fitted with a chipit tuning box i got better mpg under normal driving conditions, loads more mid range, it should be about 25% more bhp, on the down side my engine light came on every 1000 miles or so and yeah i could affect your warranty

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
2 of my last 3 cars were turbo diesel. a 525d BMW and a A4 2.0TDi. Had them both superchipped, frighteningly better performance and much improved mpg. Also I had no warranty or dealer issues. Dont forget Superchips guarantee improved mpg for turbo diesel cars (see their website) www.superchips.co.uk and they provide a 12 month guarantee in the event there are any warranty issues from your dealer. (Dont forget 10% discount for scirocconet members)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try http://www.chippeduk.com They know whats what and supply the ST3 control. This is a great piece of kit I know I own one and have done for 2 years Versatile,does not add to read or write count. It stores 3 maps which you can install or uninstall at will.The economy map actually gives better mpg as well as improved response and SPEED. Maps available include ECONOMY,FAST ROAD and RACE :D :D I bought mine through another forum group buy for less than £300 which included 2 maps of my choice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.