Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

Displayed boost pressure????

16K views 55 replies 14 participants last post by  rocknob 
#1 ·
Ok if the Fiscon phone thing can Show digital data of the car like speed, boost pressure, fuel quantity, oil temperature, battery voltage, water temperature. is there any other way of getting it displayed? eg.Via, VAG com. Its just i dont really need bluetooth phone thing but would like to see the data (V cool me thinks) and also dont want to pay 300 odd quid for it?

#5 ·
Is it even possible to have the boost pressure displayed in the roc? The Fiscon has the capacity to show it, but if the car doesnt then unless you do some serious modification I dont see how this could be done? But then again I have no idea what I am talking about! :oops: :D

But if it is possible it would be cool! :cool:

#8 ·
imitebeurda said:
Is it even possible to have the boost pressure displayed in the roc? The Fiscon has the capacity to show it, but if the car doesnt then unless you do some serious modification I dont see how this could be done? But then again I have no idea what I am talking about! :oops: :D

But if it is possible it would be cool! :cool:
What you don't relaise is the massive number of sensors the engine is real time monitoring while it is running.

The ECU on these things is massively clever, if you know VAG-COm you can get tons of info out of it.

All fiscon have done is tap into the data feeds on the can-bus and fed them up to the display, clever stuff.

#9 ·
I fitted the Fiscon basic plus to my Roc this weekend and is a very impressive piece of kit. I can confirm you can use the instrument display to show mph,revs,battery volts, boost pressure , oil temp,water temp,remaining fuel in litres
You can even use it as a bluetooth hands free phone if you like too! You can also read text messages on the display aswell :clap:

#11 ·
I'll get on to it today (the pics that is!)

#13 ·
Err not quite . I paid £315 including delivery and I'm not going to tell you where! :silent:
Oh all right then go to http://www.fiscon.co.uk/ and quote scirocco123 for a 12.5 % discount . (Thanks to scirocco central group buy)
They are part of Richter motor sport. Neil was very helpful so glad to give them the :thumbup:

#14 ·
martdy said:
Err not quite . I paid £315 including delivery and I'm not going to tell you where! :silent:
Oh all right then go to http://www.fiscon.co.uk/ and quote scirocco123 for a 12.5 % discount . (Thanks to scirocco central group buy)
They are part of Richter motor sport. Neil was very helpful so glad to give them the :thumbup:
How the heck can that other mob justify 900 quid for it then? That's robbery! :eh:

#16 ·
martdy said:
I fitted the Fiscon basic plus to my Roc this weekend and is a very impressive piece of kit. I can confirm you can use the instrument display to show mph,revs,battery volts, boost pressure , oil temp,water temp,remaining fuel in litres
You can even use it as a bluetooth hands free phone if you like too! You can also read text messages on the display aswell :clap:
For £315 delivered I'm very interested.

Was it easy to fit?

#17 ·
Yes mate,best to remove the battery -ve first! Then using a trim removal tool you carefully remove the silver trim plate around the stereo/climate control. 4 torx screws hold the stereo - remove and slide out the unit. Disconnect the multi plug (you can leave the aerial connections attached) and fit the Fiscon wiring harness in place. Instructions are included as to what goes where. I made the mistake of not "locking" the plug back properly so make sure it's all firmly locked in place. The only tricky bit was running the mic cable.I chose to have it at the top of the A pillar so the trim had to come off ! A bit daunting but take your time and all will be OK. The A pillar trim is held at the top by a metal clip which stayed behind when I yanked it off but simple to remove and set back into the trim.All other fixings are just push in types.
If you remove the fuse cover and the trim piece next to it below the A pillar trim it's easy to route the cable up.Reassemble and reconnect your battery. Then pare your bluetooth phone - job done :clap:
Don't be scared when you start the car and loads of lights stay on! The ECU has to reset and the lights will go out after a short drive :thumbup:
I'll post up some pics later . Got to go and do some work now :wave:

#18 ·
martdy said:
Yes mate,best to remove the battery -ve first! Then using a trim removal tool you carefully remove the silver trim plate around the stereo/climate control. 4 torx screws hold the stereo - remove and slide out the unit. Disconnect the multi plug (you can leave the aerial connections attached) and fit the Fiscon wiring harness in place. Instructions are included as to what goes where. I made the mistake of not "locking" the plug back properly so make sure it's all firmly locked in place. The only tricky bit was running the mic cable.I chose to have it at the top of the A pillar so the trim had to come off ! A bit daunting but take your time and all will be OK. The A pillar trim is held at the top by a metal clip which stayed behind when I yanked it off but simple to remove and set back into the trim.All other fixings are just push in types.
If you remove the fuse cover and the trim piece next to it below the A pillar trim it's easy to route the cable up.Reassemble and reconnect your battery. Then pare your bluetooth phone - job done :clap:
Don't be scared when you start the car and loads of lights stay on! The ECU has to reset and the lights will go out after a short drive :thumbup:
I'll post up some pics later . Got to go and do some work now :wave:
Martdy - This may seem like a daft question but if the ECU has to reset, I take it that it doesn't affect any remap or anything? :shifty:

#19 ·
No mate pretty sure it wouldn't but I'd check with the mapper first. (haven't remapped mine -yet!)

#20 ·

The last pic isn't great but if you look carefully at the top of the A pillar you can make out the Microphone :thumbup:

#22 ·
I think most people who have had it fitted were charged about £60

#24 ·
I think he'll want blood next... :crazy:
Fifth pic down is phone mode then you just scroll option as shown ,it also lets you check and read texts aswell. There are loads of screen options , but at the moment I can't be arsed to post all as I'm too HOT
Maybe some kind soul will post a vid of it in operation :thumbup:

#25 ·
martdy said:
I think he'll want blood next... :crazy:
Fifth pic down is phone mode then you just scroll option as shown ,it also lets you check and read texts aswell. There are loads of screen options , but at the moment I can't be arsed to post all as I'm too HOT
Maybe some kind soul will post a vid of it in operation :thumbup:
I am roasting in my office so I know what you mean. Maybe you can rustle up a pic at some other juncture? I have faith in you. Well done. :angel:

#26 ·
No probs mate , the British summer time only ever lasts a day or 2 :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.