Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just measured my garage to see if the new roc will fit in when it comes and it is looking very tight might have to sleep in the car as i getting out of the door when it is in there might be impossible. :? any body had the same difficulty :?:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Won't fit in mine (technically it could, but there's 4cm left either side, not risking it!).

Also have to drop the girlfriend off before parking up, door's too long for her to be able to open it and get out (and she's quite small)!

Getting it "diamondrited" at the weekend to try and protect it from the elements and continuous dust that falls on it :(

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yeah, something I was thinking about before I ordered mine.
I planned to book a test drive with my local VW dealer and take it home to try it in the drive. But in the end I thought - I don't care whether it fits, I just want one.
So, I'll let you know when it eventually arrives.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Its a good point, for a car in its class it's very wide, mainly due to the big mirrors. I was concerned as i have nightmare access into the garage, but you just get used to it and it does fit fine once in. The parking sensors help though either way... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah - I had to get new (wider) garage doors. Folding mirrors help too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine does fit in the garage, but only if I fold the mirrors and have the window completely down to get out. Thankfully VW have the 'hold down lock and all windows close' on the remote so it is not a major problem. I do not have electric folding mirrors though so it is a bit of a pain :|

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a soft pillow wrapped in micrifibre attatched to the wall where the door would otherwise touch, bump pads and bubble wrap at the far end in case I take it too far in! The window has to come down and the seat has to go fully back as the door can only open about a foot so I need to wriggle my (mature) figure out of the car. I hasten to add that I do not go through this everyday as I only garage when we have no plans to use the car for a while, hope that makes sense.... :?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
phill1101 said:
I have a soft pillow wrapped in micrifibre attatched to the wall where the door would otherwise touch, bump pads and bubble wrap at the far end in case I take it too far in! The window has to come down and the seat has to go fully back as the door can only open about a foot so I need to wriggle my (mature) figure out of the car. I hasten to add that I do not go through this everyday as I only garage when we have no plans to use the car for a while, hope that makes sense.... :?
Im sure your neighbours wonder why you are playing "twister" with your car :lol: You certainly have it well thought out, think I would just leave it in the drive though!! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sadly, that is usually what happens as I cannot get my wife out of the car (no, not too fat either !!!!). She totally loves the Scirocco and even drives when before I would have had that pleasure! :eek:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
phill1101 said:
Mine does fit in the garage, but only if I fold the mirrors and have the window completely down to get out. :|
I thought about ordering folding mirrors but as I might have to back it down the drive to get more space I decide not. But in your case if things are so tight in your garage are you not worried about backing your Roc out and catching something on the passenger side, being that you have to have your mirrors folded until you exit the garage.

·
Registered
572 Posts
thanks for asking this my husband asked me to ask this ages ago. We think we'll only have 4cm either side as well, but having said that my Megane Coupe is quite wide at the wing mirrors and there's not much room either side of them either at the entrance when you reverse in. Fortunately ours is a double garage so no problem getting out once you're in

And yes as a female I can reverse my car in and not hit anything :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
[/quote]
I thought about ordering folding mirrors but as I might have to back it down the drive to get more space I decide not. But in your case if things are so tight in your garage are you not worried about backing your Roc out and catching something on the passenger side, being that you have to have your mirrors folded until you exit the garage.[/quote]
I just make sure I reverse out without any steering input and be damn careful, not saying it won't ever happen but so far so good :!:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi All,
Wow!!! I haven't got my Roc yet ( 4 weeks and counting!! :D :D ) but what scary ass small garages we all have!!! Im planning on getting a Lambo replica next year, its approx 78 inches wide, my garage is 86 inches wide - HOW WIDE IS THE ROC!¬!!!! lol = must be the fat ass!! hehe

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
261 Posts
I haven't got a garage alas and have park mine out on the street.
However I clipped my passenger side wing mirror going through a width restriction tonight which left a thin inch long scuff on the front side of the upper part of the plastic mirror casing.
I'm so angry with myself as I've been through that restriction hundreds of times in my old car without a problem and at least a dozen in the Roc.
The scratch is barely noticeable but I know that I'm going to have to remedy it by replacing the casing sooner or later as it will continue to bug me.

To save me taking a pic tomorrow and posting a new query on here for info can anyone tell me if the mirror casings are easily replaced and expensive? Also do they come pre-sprayed?
Surely I won't need a whole new mirror?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
nickp said:
I haven't got a garage alas and have park mine out on the street.
However I clipped my passenger side wing mirror going through a width restriction tonight which left a thin inch long scuff on the front side of the upper part of the plastic mirror casing.
I'm so angry with myself as I've been through that restriction hundreds of times in my old car without a problem and at least a dozen in the Roc.
The scratch is barely noticeable but I know that I'm going to have to remedy it by replacing the casing sooner or later as it will continue to bug me.

To save me taking a pic tomorrow and posting a new query on here for info can anyone tell me if the mirror casings are easily replaced and expensive? Also do they come pre-sprayed?
Surely I won't need a whole new mirror?

Thanks
Nick, take a look at this thread.................

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=922&p=7065&hilit=orange+mirror#p7065

Candy Monster removed his mirror covers and painted them orange. He would probably be the best guy to ask this question too. If you dont get what you need off this thread I suggest sending him a quick PM, he should be able to help you out! ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
roc does fit but only because i got folding mirrors,still quite tight getting out have to open the window and put the seat right back :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.