Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey !
has anyone tried to deattach the door sides in your scirocco ? i need to replace the original speakers with more powerfull stuff , but i dont want the sides to be ripped apart.. So i tried myself - there are 2 torx screws on the lower side of the door. but of course thats not enough.. i pulled the door trim a little and as much as i had seen(gramma... :oops: ) - there is something more on the most left and right - looks like a screw housing , but its inacessible...
So - anyone knows how to do this ?

btw - VW service is useless - they dont know shit...

Thanks
Michael

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I have a set waiting to go in. You need to remove the two torx screws at th bottom and use a plastic trim removal tools to remove the silver trim from the door grab handle. There are another couple of torx screws behind it. Apparently that's it. Though I havent yet tried myself.

As for the back ones. I believe from Ryancooke's advice, you need to remove the back seats to get access.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Veyron. your'e a brave man. Did it go back on again??
yes it did. you can barely see its been removed :D

Derboy - cant see the picture ! ive removed the silver trim and there was nothing. pls post the picture again.. you think that the screws from the handle are the last ones to dissasemble the whole trim ?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
veyron said:
thanks , that should help :) why a new cluster ? have you damaged the old one ??
the car has a fault with the immobiliser. Apparently the immobiliser unit is integrated into the dash cluster. The part is on back order with VW. I got the car on the 1st of May and and since the 5th it's been sitting at the dealership waiting on the part! Bit of a nightmare.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
veyron said:
thanks , that should help :) why a new cluster ? have you damaged the old one ??
the car has a fault with the immobiliser. Apparently the immobiliser unit is integrated into the dash cluster. The part is on back order with VW. I got the car on the 1st of May and and since the 5th it's been sitting at the dealership waiting on the part! Bit of a nightmare.
No word yet evil? Thought you might have heard something by now.... :cry:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Evil Derboy said:
veyron said:
No word yet evil? Thought you might have heard something by now.... :cry:
Still not got it back :( . I've updated my thread with the latest here: http://www.scirocconet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1077&p=9303#p9303

·
Registered
132 Posts
the car has a fault with the immobiliser. Apparently the immobiliser unit is integrated into the dash cluster. The part is on back order with VW. I got the car on the 1st of May and and since the 5th it's been sitting at the dealership waiting on the part! Bit of a nightmare.[/quote]

I had a similar problem this morning, my wife had been out in MY Roc yesterday and I had to re-adjust the steering column. The key was in the ignition but not turned on and when I let the release go the steering column locked up, the key could not be turned, the brake pedal became rock hard and the gear lever (auto/DSG) locked up too. Looked in the handbook in the dead lock bit - not much help as it referred to the last resort of using the key externally (noticed for the first time there isn't one*). After a bit of physical wrestling with the steering wheel it eventually unlocked again but nevertheless a bit scary and presumably related to the immobiliser/deadlock somehow! Just hope there is no permanent damage to the electronic bits.....

* Well at least not a visible one, BM recommend that you only flip the cover on the handle in a real emergency as they are fragile and easily scratch able!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.