Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know when stainless door sill protectors are likely to be onthe market.VW seem a bit slow off the mark, unlike the car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
got them on mine, you can order them from the dealer as retail supplied accessories

·
Registered
252 Posts
Had them on mine since October, recieved them with the car. Like the post before said, just order them through the parts department.

Premium Door Sill Trims - 1K8 071 305 - £83.19 (seen above)
Door Sill Trims - 1K8 071 310 - £58.72

Prices inc VAT and are from the 01/12/2008 pricelist

·
Registered
173 Posts
rehmondo said:
Had them on mine since October, recieved them with the car. Like the post before said, just order them through the parts department.

Premium Door Sill Trims - 1K8 071 305 - £83.19 (seen above)
Door Sill Trims - 1K8 071 310 - £58.72

Prices inc VAT and are from the 01/12/2008 pricelist
Do you know of any pictures of the other door sill trims?

·
Registered
252 Posts

They don't have Scirocco written on them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
they look nice might buy a set

·
Registered
283 Posts
dealer fitted mine, main thing is the making sure the paintwork is clean and try

the standard ones locate around the hole in the sill (there is a flange on the bottom of the door that goes into the hole)

i think premium line up with body as there is a slight taper

both save sills getting scuffed given the door width can make entry harder in a tight spot

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou all for your reply.

The premium set looks the best to me, I ordered some from my local dealer last week and they look awsome on the car.

Worth noting that there a few sets on Ebay of both the Premium and the black, Crewe VW dealer is selling the premium ones for £87.50 per pair with £9.50 for P&P

Also front and rear mudflaps available for those that like keeping mud off the car.

Cheers
Rich.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the Mudflaps on my car as Candy White doesn't keep clean at the sides for very long without them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
veeedubba said:
can you post a photo of yr Roc with the flaps fitted, Im curious as to the look

Dealer wanted £65+VAT per hour to fit them, I did it myself at my mates garage, took just over an hour, did a very clean job, I have scanned in the instructions online if anyone is interested. The front wheels have to come off; you can do the rears without taking off the wheels like I did however in hindsight I would have taken them off too.

PS It's occurred to me that this forum is fairly new and some people may not be aware that with the folding mirrors you get what’s called "puddle lights"....

·
Registered
76 Posts
A sports car with mud-flaps? Come-on lads do youn ever see a 911, R8 or a Ferrari with mud-flaps, they'll only slow ya down...

Best lines are the original ones surely?

All the best anyway, only my opinion...

Cheers

·
Registered
252 Posts
redevil said:
A sports car with mud-flaps? Come-on lads do youn ever see a 911, R8 or a Ferrari with mud-flaps, they'll only slow ya down...
I had a clean license for 5 years, after 3 weeks with the Scirocco I got £60 and 3 points for my troubles. My main purpose of having the mudflaps was to keep the sides of the car clean, when you have Candy White you really want to keep it clean - and they're worth every penny mate.

At the end of the day I know this isn't a 911, R8, which is why I got them however when the Xenon’s and sports aero dynamic kit are readily available I think I'll get them rather than the mudflaps on my next rocco - plan to get Sumatra next time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im not a fan of mudflaps im afraid..
but each to their own. :)

i will be getting those door sills, theyre cool.. will save my door trim being scuffed by my boots (that need re heeling.lol) :roll:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I still think the mud flaps look good, the pictures make them appear bigger, however mine will have to go when it gets lowered and the body kit arrives.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts