Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have scoured the scirocconet pages and the VW technical pages to find out why the door windows drop slightly when you unlock and turn the engine off? Is there a way of turning this off?

Cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is because of the frameless doors. The seals are so tight the window would probably catch on them or make the door harder to open. They both drop down when you turn the engine off as the car expects you to get out of it. The windows should drop when you open the door also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its most likely to avoid breaking the window or door seal, especially in cool weather climate (Trust me I know :) ). The window can freeze to the door seal and that would be very bad on a frameless door system.

/Iron

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thats why its a good idea to keep the rubber door seals treated witl silicone gel. one of the first jobs il be doing when i pick up my car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree, auto window drop is a stupid idea when its activated just by turning off the engine.....Why does it open BOTH windows when normally its only me sat in the bloody thing. My old Porsche dropped the window when you pulled the door handle..stopping the car from filling with water when its raining like The Roc does !!!!! :evil: :thumbdown:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Interesting behaviour on Mrs Blink's pride and joy at the weekend - is this normal?

Unlocked the car, both windows dropped as per normal. Didn't open a door within the allotted time so doors locked again. Windows stayed put (i.e. slightly down). Unlocked the car again and they dropped again, so twice the normal amount of opening. Got in, closed the doors and both remained in position. The only way to close was to use the window buttons.

Now I have yet to try this again but was just interested if this was "normal" behaviour? It is no big deal. just an interesting quirk of the various interlocks / logic on the car

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
jblink said:
Interesting behaviour on Mrs Blink's pride and joy at the weekend - is this normal?

Unlocked the car, both windows dropped as per normal. Didn't open a door within the allotted time so doors locked again. Windows stayed put (i.e. slightly down). Unlocked the car again and they dropped again, so twice the normal amount of opening. Got in, closed the doors and both remained in position. The only way to close was to use the window buttons.

Now I have yet to try this again but was just interested if this was "normal" behaviour? It is no big deal. just an interesting quirk of the various interlocks / logic on the car
Are you sure they didn't go back up again beforehand? If not then this is not normal behaviour. The windows will go back up again if you don't open the door within a set length of time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
stickyroc said:
I agree, auto window drop is a stupid idea when its activated just by turning off the engine.....Why does it open BOTH windows when normally its only me sat in the bloody thing. My old Porsche dropped the window when you pulled the door handle..stopping the car from filling with water when its raining like The Roc does !!!!! :evil: :thumbdown:
They dont drop when you turn the engine off, they drop when you pull the key out of the ignition. At which point you could be reasonably expected to get out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is an option you can choose to have only the drivers side door unlock when using the remote button. One press opens one door, two presses opens both. That way only the drivers side window will drop unless the passengers side is unlocked as well.
Unfortunately, this option doesn't apply when removing the key from the ignition. When the key is removed both windows drop an inch for about 10 secs.
bummer

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Seem to recall that you can some other strange effects if the passenger door is not closed after unlocking. The window stays dropped as you'd expect but if you then start up the engine and then close the passenger door the system can get itself in a bit of tiz giving off warning beeps and the passenger window having a series of epileptic fits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts