Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just lookn for some feedback . as i ordered this as an upgrade .....is it any good ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it adds a 300 watt amp to the standard system .

·
Registered
261 Posts
vanhynds said:
just lookn for some feedback . as i ordered this as an upgrade .....is it any good ?
I'm delighted with my Dynaudio upgrade. I think it sounds crisp and clear all the all the way through the volume range.
I had a good quality Alpine stereo in my old Peugeot but I never got round to upgrading my speakers. Any good Hi-Fi is only as good as it's speakers.
I thought I was listening to something good in my old Pug but the Dynaudio is miles ahead.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do they change the standard 8 speakers , when opting for dynaudio pack .

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
BM, any chance you can let us know if it is possible to retrofit the dynaudio pack after sale? If so what would the likely dealer cost be?? Also would it be a straightforward job that we could handle ourselves??

·
Registered
261 Posts
imitebeurda said:
BM, any chance you can let us know if it is possible to retrofit the dynaudio pack after sale? If so what would the likely dealer cost be?? Also would it be a straightforward job that we could handle ourselves??
I did read a post (can't remember where, sorry) where someone suggested that if you were going to retrofit a Dynaudio system privately, i.e. not through VW, that for the cost adding the Dynaudio upgrade on a new car you could get a better Dynaudio system fitted.
I think they called this better system Dynaudio Ice or something like that but I haven't investigated this as I'd already ordered mine by then.
Now I've got it though I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you may think i am wrong, but i had a2002 beetle with standard stereo set up before i got my scirocco and thought it sounded better than the sciroccos dynaudio upgrade. bettter music and bass tones, i was a little dissappointed with it to be honest.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
jcarson13 said:
you may think i am wrong, but i had a2002 beetle with standard stereo set up before i got my scirocco and thought it sounded better than the sciroccos dynaudio upgrade. bettter music and bass tones, i was a little dissappointed with it to be honest.
no probs jcarson, everyone has their opinion! But how do you reckon it was better? what speakers/head unit were fitted etc??

·
Registered
144 Posts
I make an assumption here. That the standard 510 system in the Roc will sound much like that in the Passat. If that is the case then Mrs Blinks 510 with Dynaudio in her Roc sounds far better than the non-Dynaudio in my Passat. Divorce to come!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.