Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Had my roc delivered... im loving it! Been trying to figure out how to work the electric door mirrors... couldn't see an obvious button so looked in the manual: errrm, they were all in german. So, no english manuals!

Anyone know where I can obtain a manual? even if its PDF form thats fine (im hardly going to use it)

Cheers, Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kianok said:
You bought it in the UK and they gave you a German manual??
HAHA I know... it sounds crazy... but yup, bought in the UK and they gave me german manuals!

Cheers, Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
When I was looking at a new rocco back last september in the showroom I pulled out the manaul only to notice that many of the sections were in a variety of languages, I popinted it out the slaeguy who seemed less than interested, so I'm guessign you are not alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
timperrett said:
Hey Guys,

Had my roc delivered... im loving it! Been trying to figure out how to work the electric door mirrors... couldn't see an obvious button so looked in the manual: errrm, they were all in german. So, no english manuals!

Anyone know where I can obtain a manual? even if its PDF form thats fine (im hardly going to use it)

Cheers, Tim
You had to look in the manual to find the electric mirror switch!? I don't think you should be let out in the car unaccompanied
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,216 Posts
BAIKAR said:
timperrett said:
Hey Guys,

Had my roc delivered... im loving it! Been trying to figure out how to work the electric door mirrors... couldn't see an obvious button so looked in the manual: errrm, they were all in german. So, no english manuals!

Anyone know where I can obtain a manual? even if its PDF form thats fine (im hardly going to use it)

Cheers, Tim
You had to look in the manual to find the electric mirror switch!? I don't think you should be let out in the car unaccompanied
agreed very scary, if you come to cumbria let me know ill take the wifes car out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sciroccorocket said:
You had to look in the manual to find the electric mirror switch!? I don't think you should be let out in the car unaccompanied
LOL!!! Rather than take the piss it would be more helpful if you pointed out how to *fold* the mirrors... of course, I can see the electric adjustment control, but not how to fold them or enable the coming home lights?

Cheers, Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BAIKAR said:
You never asked how to fold them, you said you couldn't find the button
Indeed - a difference of interpretation perhaps... anyway, one would not be looking for the button if one did not want to fold his mirrors (thus making it implied that I wanted to do so).

Pray tell, where is the button for folding ones mirrors?

Cheers, Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
If you have the folding mirror option simply turn the knob to L and they (should) tip downwards when you reverse, to fold them simply do one more turn on the knob.....simple but I guess you must have tried that already hence the question to begin with :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
olek said:
If you have the folding mirror option simply turn the knob to L and they (should) tip downwards when you reverse, to fold them simply do one more turn on the knob.....simple but I guess you must have tried that already hence the question to begin with :D
Thanks - I'll try that now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
timperrett said:
olek said:
If you have the folding mirror option simply turn the knob to L and they (should) tip downwards when you reverse, to fold them simply do one more turn on the knob.....simple but I guess you must have tried that already hence the question to begin with :D
Thanks - I'll try that now!
Awesome - that works!

On the manual front - the dealers have said they will send me out the right english versions straight away! result.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top