·
Registered
113 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
Technical Mods:

Auto-Rain Closing activated
Footwells permanently on
Front Fog lights as cornering lights activated
2x Rear fog lights activated (usually it's just one side that comes on)
Auto Coming Home Lights activated
HI Ed, I realy interested in getting these same technical mods on my car, Particulary the Perminant footwells. Pls can you do a step by step guide about how to get these mods activated OR direct me to the links where this information can be found in detail.

THanX :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
tmoneyyy said:
Evil Derboy said:
Technical Mods:

Auto-Rain Closing activated
Footwells permanently on
Front Fog lights as cornering lights activated
2x Rear fog lights activated (usually it's just one side that comes on)
Auto Coming Home Lights activated
HI Ed, I realy interested in getting these same technical mods on my car, Particulary the Perminant footwells. Pls can you do a step by step guide about how to get these mods activated OR direct me to the links where this information can be found in detail.

THanX :thumbup:
All done by VAGCOM. See the VAGCOM section of the forum under Technical Discussion in the forum index.

·
Registered
20 Posts
kianok said:
Like it :thumbup:

Much better than the last set of pics!!!!!
++++++++ :thumbup:
very nice pics the "R-Line" badge that u added its my next move...
i already place order for that and also for r-line steering wheel badge but i cant find the r-line sills

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
tmoneyyy said:
:wave: dude u get email the guys from http://www.tmtuning.com and ask for them to get the rline sills or R sills. Thats what I did. Cost only $60 plus Shipping, quite cheap.
thanks i wll

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fantastic looking car you got there, ED :clap: It's the sweetest black rocco I've seen so far, and really makes my looks foreward to getting my own, hopefully before christmas this year. Love your mods, espesially the DRL's and the RS6 alloys.

I see there is some discussion about the R-Line badge. The ass looks best clean IMO, but it's up to you, and it's doesn't look bad either. The "original" R-Lines only have badges on the front sides, and not on the back btw. And for those who don't know, here's what the R-Line includes:

The R-Line Plus pack consists of the following:
  • 18” alloy wheels “Mallory”[/*]
  • Scirocco-R front spoiler[/*]
  • Scirocco-R rear bumper w/ black diffuser[/*]
  • Scirocco-R spoiler (larger that default Scirocco)[/*]
  • Scirocco-R tail lights (black tinted)[/*]
  • Scirocco-R ‘side skirts’[/*]
  • ’Door sills’ with R-Line logo[/*]
  • R-logo on headrests[/*]
  • R-Line Multifunction Steering wheel with R-logo[/*]
  • Black roof inside[/*]
  • Aluminium pedals[/*]
  • ‘Silver Lane’ decor inside[/*]

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Is the R-Line Plus pack something new? Cos the standard R-Line doesnt come with the same bodykit as the Scirocco R. The R Line bodykit is something different entirely.

Posted from a mobile device via SciroccoNet Wireless

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
kenti said:
I don't know if it's new, but it's not available in GB I think. The R-Line Plus pack does however consist of the following parts according my dealer. I live in Norway btw.
Are you confusing "R" parts with "R-Line" parts? If your dealer is simply supplying you withe R-Line Plus pack as shown on the Volkswagen Norway website and you are expecting the car to look like a Scirocco R (rather than a Scirocco R-Line) I think you are in for a dissapointment, unfortunately...

Unless you are specifically paying extra to have "R" parts fitted. In which case there would be no point in buying the R-Line kit in the first place.

·
Registered
262 Posts
No, I'm not confusing the R-parts, and no I'm not expecting an "R". The front spoiler (front "lip" of whatever to call it) from your example there is the same as the Scirocco R if I'm to believe my dealer. I'm not talking about the front bumper itself, anyone can see that's not the same :)

Further, the R-line Plus pack consist of the same roof spoler, same smoked tail lights and same side skirts as the Scirocco R among others. That's what I was told anyways. I have also seen a R-Line Scirocco in the dealers showroom, and the mentioned parts sure differ from the standard Scirocco. Still I can't say compared to a real "R", since I haven't seen one in real yet..

The image from the site your refer to doesn't show these details very good, to put it mildly.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
kenti said:
The front spoiler (front "lip" of whatever to call it) from your example there is the same as the Scirocco R if I'm to believe my dealer.
The R has no lip. The Lip on the R-Line is an additional part mounted on to the front of a standard Scirocco front bumper. The Scirocco R bumper is a complete part. Also the Side skirts for the R-Line and the Scirocco R are different as well. I just wanted to make you aware of the differences in case your car arrived and was quite different what you expected.

Here's a comparison for you:

Scirocco R-Line Side Skirts:

Scirocco R Side Skirts:

Scirocco R-Line Front Lip:

Scirocco R front end:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hm, yes you are absolutely true. Directly compared I see that the side skirts are not the same, and also the difference regarding the front lip. Thank you for the good comparisons!

I did however know how the R-Line side skirts looked like, but have obviously not studied the "R" enough to know that it's not the same. The lip wasn't easy to determine before you showed me the difference here, but good to know. Should probably update my order-thread with correct info about what the R-Line pack actually consist of then :)

All in all I do have seen an R-Line as I said, so can't say I didn't know what I ordered.. I just weren't aware that the parts differed that much from the "real deal". The only pars that's the same as the "R" is the tail lights and the roof spoiler then, and I was told by my dealer today that the roof spoiler won't be "R" either since the factory is empty till next summer (this goes for all real "R"s too). :thumbdown:

Thanks for the "heads up" :)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
The rear bumper for the R-Line is nearly identical to the R so that's pretty much the same. All in all the R-Line is a smashing kit so I wouldn't worry about not being the same as the R. It's just different but very nice in it's own right.

I was just concerned that maybe your dealer had made a mistake, but as you've seen the car in the flesh then that's not an issue. Enjoy it! I'm thinking about getting an R-Line rear bumper myself. :thumbup:

Posted from a mobile device via SciroccoNet Wireless

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, at least I chose the right color :)
Your front actually look like the "R", so think the rear bumper will make it even better.

As you say, I truly believe that my car will look good with the R-Line kit. This was a rare case where I thought the "R" looked more like the R-Line than the other way around :oops: Noob alert!

Regarding the "R" roof spoiler I have already suggested for my dealer that I want the "R" roof spoiler fitted on my car when it gets available (at VWs cost of course). He said he had to do some checking, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with that case. I did order a new car for a reason, which is getting it exactly as I want, so will hassle the dealer a bit with the spoiler case :twisted:

I have probably went way OT in your thread now, so shall try to not hassle you to much about this :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey, dude. I've now picked up my car, and regarding out little R-line discussion earlier - check this out.

Side skirts, lower front lip and back end diffusor (except it's not gloss and both tailpipes are on the same side) do look more like the "R" than those you posted of the "R-line", don't you think?

I have som pics in this thread if you want to check: black-rocco-finally-arrived-pic-heavy-t8179.html

·
Registered
262 Posts
After checking a little bit the pics you posted of the assumed R-line side skirts and front lip actually is the Votex styling kit I believe.

Well, won't bugger your thread with this any more, just thought I'd say :)

81 - 100 of 114 Posts