Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at doing it next week. Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I could be...

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry fellas, this was kind of a last minute thing but I did it this afternoon with my mate. He has a V8 Vantage and spend the majority of the time trying to keep up with him. :thumbup:

Pictures to follow!

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As promised. Some pictures of yesterday!

Hope you all enjoy the photos as much as I did the drive, the Scirocco is a very quick car and will easily overtake the vast majority of cars on the road. The feeling through my new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's was brilliant, I cannot produce enough superlatives to describe the difference between them and the simply woeful Pirelli's I had on before. Towards the end of the A543 my brakes faded hugely and my oil temp was running at around 115C (It's supposed to be between 98C and 105C) So I smashed the heating on full and opened the windows in an attempt to reduce the heat (worked too).

My mates Aston is a seriously fast car (no surprise there then). At times I felt like he was toying with me. The noise produced by it is simply gorgeous. I just found my self smiling every time he put his foot down. I could hear it over my music in my car!

Anyway, sorry I didn't say I was going, but it was literally a spur of the moment decision.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it again soon, but I think my Scirocco needs a bit of a break for the next couple of days! :thumbup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nice photos Richie! :thumbup:

Think I might have to do this the next time I'm in the UK. Looks like a cracking bit of road.

By the way, I have Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmtric 2's on my Savannahs and I agree, they do seem to be a very good tyre. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts