Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, not wanting to stir the wrath of the holy and guided amongst us, but come on, surely the undeniable fact that the new Scirocco has clearly evolved from the Mk1 into the Mk2 and now into what can only really truthfully be described as the Mk3 puts to bed the argument that our humble planet was not in fact created in 7... sorry 6 days by some almighty bloke with an O level in CDT and was in fact some great big fluke. Maybe if we were all the result of creation then we might have avoided some of evolutions faux pas, like the deterioration of the Golf from Mk1 - Mk3 (some say Mk4) or the fact that our humble island is slowly eroding away (creationist might argue that this is a design fault) but generally speaking evolution does a pretty good job of improving things and I am begining to believe the Scirocco is one of these success stories... A for Effort Evolution

What do you think???

·
Registered
283 Posts
scirocco is a success because it evolved from the corrado :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by wigit on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:05 pm

scirocco is a success because it evolved from the corrado
Ah... if only. Had VW not been so stupid as to axe the rocco and replace it with the rado it would not have taken them nearly 15 yrs to work up the courage to give it another go. The Rado was a pile of crap and VW were so embarassed they had to leave it a generation in the hope most people had forgotten all about it. So don't ruin it for them now you clown :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I Disagree.....ahem...

The Scirocco has a spark of the divine in it, and we all know BMW's are evil,...therefor one nil for creationism :D

( duck for cover )

·
Registered
283 Posts
Le_Savage said:
by wigit on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:05 pm

scirocco is a success because it evolved from the corrado
Ah... if only. Had VW not been so stupid as to axe the rocco and replace it with the rado it would not have taken them nearly 15 yrs to work up the courage to give it another go. The Rado was a pile of crap and VW were so embarassed they had to leave it a generation in the hope most people had forgotten all about it. So don't ruin it for them now you clown :roll: :roll: :roll:
etto must say the big shoes and red nose make driving a bit difficult :mrgreen:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Le_Savage said:
OK, not wanting to stir the wrath of the holy and guided amongst us, but come on, surely the undeniable fact that the new Scirocco has clearly evolved from the Mk1 into the Mk2 and now into what can only really truthfully be described as the Mk3 puts to bed the argument that our humble planet was not in fact created in 7... sorry 6 days by some almighty bloke with an O level in CDT and was in fact some great big fluke. Maybe if we were all the result of creation then we might have avoided some of evolutions faux pas, like the deterioration of the Golf from Mk1 - Mk3 (some say Mk4) or the fact that our humble island is slowly eroding away (creationist might argue that this is a design fault) but generally speaking evolution does a pretty good job of improving things and I am begining to believe the Scirocco is one of these success stories... A for Effort Evolution

What do you think???
I think you have had just had an epiphany mate :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, so given the rocco in all stages of it's evolution was born out of the genes of a golf but made better, i'm now thinking this is in fact more of a designer baby than anything more natural, creation or evolution may have less of a part to play after all.... bring on the scientologists.... :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
the original rocco was the young boy/girl we can all relate to - respectful of olders, had a desire to go out and play, took the odd beating but didnt complain, didnt care for electronic gadgets but abit rough around the edges.

the new car is obsessed with technology, slightly overweight (or even obese) better looking but also loud and in your face.

Evolution all the way!

·
Registered
618 Posts
The original scirocco's were utterly garbage.

They were not iconic like the MK1, they did not open a whole new market up - the hot hatch!!!

The original scirocco is best forgotten about.

The corrado on the other hand was an absolutely astoundin car, regarded by many at the time as one of the best handling cars going. Coupled with VW's very clever VR6 engine, not to mention the supercharged G60, it was again a step forward.

VW have hjust chosen the name that is probably going to be better accepted, it shares far more with the corrado than it does the original Scirocco's

For example, the dedicated 2 seats in the rear, the combination of passat running gear on a golf floorpan to give it wider stance on the road, thats just two examples where the similarity lies. There are many more.

I prefer the name scirocco for the current car, but there is no way i'd ever own an original shit heap scirocco, but i will own a VR6 Corrado one day

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but there is no way i'd ever own an original shit heap scirocco
Oh Andy... you were doing so well and it actually sounded like you knew what you were talking about for a few seconds but you let the ballon go at the final puff... silly boy :cry:

I will admit that the engine choice in the corrado was excellent but that's what evolution does for you and do you think for a minute that if the same plant was available in the late 70's they would have resisted dropping it into either the golf or the rocco? But lets be honest the rado as a car was a pile of pap and uglier than a pustulous zit on Cindy C's nose.

Search you sole... you will find the right path and the lights will come on for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts