Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volkswagen has increased its factory lead time to a max of 26 weeks which affects all niche models and south american cars. They have made the descision to cut back production due to the economic outlook which they have predicted will worsen over the next 18 months. Please bear this in mind when planning any Scirocco factory order.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks like I Just crept in, ordered new Scirroco 3 weeks ago, dealer has said the car is scheduled to complete production by week 21. Hopefully this won't be put back...

·
Registered
412 Posts
i ordered mine on 25th of feb so hopefully this won't affect me either

·
Registered
14 Posts
donnie darko said:
I ordered mine same time as you and dealer phoned me up the other day saying it is 'frozen' for production on w/c 27th April which means it can't be pushed back further than this.

·
Registered
412 Posts
bwfly88 said:
donnie darko said:
I ordered mine same time as you and dealer phoned me up the other day saying it is 'frozen' for production on w/c 27th April which means it can't be pushed back further than this.
lol when you said frozen i thought you mean't they had temporarily stopped making our cars, so are you say our cars will be ready by no later than the 27th??

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SmiffyDSG said:
Is this only going to effect fresh orders after a specific date ?
Not sure I only heard of this recently so I think its fairly up to date. Week 27 production for march orders though is worrying as they are 6 weeks away from when it starts production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts