Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know which parts of the leather interior are "artificial leather"? I think it is probably the door inserts but am not sure. The dealer didn't know/ wouldn't tell me. Thanks, James

·
Registered
315 Posts
Someone on the Board said it was the inside of the front seats. There is not much leather on the Scirocco anyway and it does bring me back to the point that £1560 is a joke price. I notice the upholsterer that advertises on SciroccoNet does at least as good a job as VW for hundreds of £s less!

·
Registered
169 Posts
hotjimmy said:
Does any one know which parts of the leather interior are "artificial leather"? I think it is probably the door inserts but am not sure. The dealer didn't know/ wouldn't tell me. Thanks, James
Took delivery of my Roc last week and was worried how good the merlin cloth seats were before they arrived - I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are a lot better than the leather seats IMO in the demonstrator I had (much more comfy)... so if your not sure, consider the cloth :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
ok I have bought many cars over the years, even the so called more premium brands in comparison to VW.

The leather I have in my Scirocco (truffle) could be a lot better. BUT the way it makes the car look with the black pearl outside was what set it for me. At the end of the day we are right to moan about the cost of navigation and leather, they are extortionate, but in defense of VW here what manufacturer provides these premium otions for a lot less??

I chose both these option and love both of them. I would have loved to have paid less for them. I did manage to haggle about 2k off the car, I just console myself by saing the discount went some way to paying for these like to have options

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
The "Nappa" leather in my TT is much softer and finer than the leather in the Roc. However the Roc will be more hard wearing. The Nappa leather is very stretchy and as such there is a huge problem with the seats in the TT which is well documented on most of the TT forums. My car has done circa 8k miles and the seat base is a riot.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Thats a good point, maybe with a bit of "wear" the leather might look better. I have a jacket like that, looked a bit dodgy when I got it, but a few scuffs and now it looks like something from Top Gun!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I will be interested to see a leather interior once Scirocco's have had a year or two in daily use. I tried several demos with leather and in all of them the leather was starting to look a bit tired on the driver's seat. I like leather (have had it in my last 3 cars) but did not think VW's offering was worth the money.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
From comments about the European half leather interior ( "Catch-Up" ) I know lots of people on this site like it. I must be in the minority as I don't fancy it at all. My only gripe about the leather option is that it comes in only two colours.

Choice on the 'Roc is a bit of a bug bear for me. Only 3 wheel options in the UK and two of those are tied to specific models (non GT and GT) and only two leather colours. It's a bit of a joke in my opinion. There should have been at least another two leather colours to choose from like cream or red.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.