Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright mate... you might not have the figures to hand & apols if you've been asked this before...

What units of 'roccos are expected to shift in 08 / 09 & what numbers are forecasted for 10/11 - also was there a concious decision by VAG not to advertise it OTT (ie. keep it going by word of mouth). Seems strange for a car that was priced so agressively compared to it's near rivals (including the Golf).

I for one am not complaining :D The lower numbers the better & less advertising the better... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
No idea tbh. I imagine its VW's idea of producing something for the fans - VW is very aware of its scene & heritage. With all the press coverage it didn't need to advertise. As for numbers I'll guess but roughly 230 dealers with about 30 cars each means 6900 this year with presumably a similar amount next year.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The original VW forecast for UK sales (which no doubt has been updated) was 3000 sales for 2008 (launch year) and 9000 for 2009.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
tallguy said:
The original VW forecast for UK sales (which no doubt has been updated) was 3000 sales for 2008 (launch year) and 9000 for 2009.
9,000 is quite a lot (or is it??) especially if there is now a near 6 month waiting list. Anything ordered after June is not going to be delivered until 2010, or do they still count those in the figures??

Would be interesting to see how many they have sold so far this year....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
9000 sounds right with amount of stock cars. Doubt that many made it, dealers are not using allocation which will of course lead to future supply problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts