Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Scirocco 3 weeks, done only 450m and already my girlfriends scraped the passenger door on a wall, i'm absolutely gutted!!

Was working away all last week, came home Friday night, had a quick look round the car just to check and everything was fine,
she went out to the chippy (5 mins), when she got back there was a scrape on the door and a chunk out of the plastic trim on the bottom of the door, she didn't even know she'd done it, so i presumed somebody had hit it outside the chippy and drove off, but next morning in the light you could definately see it had scraped on a wall.

God knows how much this is going to cost me ?

·
Registered
484 Posts
oh god women ha i feel sorry for ya any pics of it

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mazellann

Join the club mate - is your missus blonde by any chance???

Mine has kerbed my alloys twice now - thought about getting them fixed but no doubt as soon as I have them repaired she would do it again. I have also had the "it wasn't me" or even better "I definatley didn't hit the kerb someone must have hit the car" yeah right!!

Still as soon as her bruises heal I will let her drive it again!! :lol:

The things us blokes put up with for a sex life eh!!

Roc On!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine came to finalise the extras on Saturday and I told to get out the drivers side as I didnt want her getting used to it! :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
mine doesn't drive the roc much as she reckons its a bit slow for her :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My passenger side mirror was clipped, which left a scratch on the front flash and scraps on the top of the mirror, chipped the color. The damage is not a lot you can't see it unless you really stare at it but it has really pissed me off ... gonna take it to get detailed soon. :eek: :eek: :shock:

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah annoying mine has started to get its first scrapes, everyone keeps telling me its just a car, its not dammit i love that thing. But going up the motorway a stone must have hit the windscreen, as it has a chip, does anyone know how easy these are to fix without getting the whole windscreen replaced, and having no sign of it ever being there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got the quote to repair the scrape and replace side moulding - £460.

she said she would pay for the damage as it was her fault, but she had misread the quote, she thought it was £60 :lol:

yes she is blonde.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My cars all fixed and as good as new again, had to put up with a basic Polo for the last 4 days, you even had to switch your own lights on!! :shock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
mazellann said:
My cars all fixed and as good as new again, had to put up with a basic Polo for the last 4 days, you even had to switch your own lights on!! :shock:
God the Roc is going to seem such luxury - getting ready to hand back my bog standard, basic trim MX-5 - lovely, fun, cold, noisy, cramped - when it arrives. Turning the lights on yourself isn't an effort compared to remembering to duck when you use the washer bottle in summer... ;)

G

·
Just had mine repaired this week. £80 for a new rear bumper carrier due to someone driving into it while it was parked. £40 for a dent company to see to the drivers door thanks to some one opening their door against it.

Both happend within a week of each other. Not happy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
kianok said:
Just had mine repaired this week. £80 for a new rear bumper carrier due to someone driving into it while it was parked. £40 for a dent company to see to the drivers door thanks to some one opening their door against it.

Both happend within a week of each other. Not happy.
ive got a small dimple in the rear 3/4 panel, are they easy to put right? almost invisible, but it still annoying. Again some f*ckwits door in car park.

I swear i park my car as far away as possible, and come out to find two cars on either side :evil:

G

·
Usually. I've only had them on doors which are easy for them to the inside of.

I do the same, always park well away from anythin else.

I parked at a supermarket once miles away from anyone only to return to find someone had parked so close i had to get in through the passenger side!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
You should never let your other half drive anything else other than your cast offs... That way when she prangs it, you don't care! :D
Ooo Chauvinist. :!: That can work both ways ED my Hubby doesnt drive mine !!!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts