Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right fitting the ally pedals the brake pedal was easy peel the old one off from the top then replace its just a push fit, sort of the same for the clutch apart from it has two small holes and the pedal cap has two cones shaped rubbers, lube the rubbers (wd40) line the rubbers up with the holes then press into place next grip the protruding rubbers with pliers and pull into place, remove the throttle pedal, with a small screwdriver remove oval cap then remove 10mm headed screw. next the wiring, the connect has a red lock on it push that up first then pull the connector off, i dident have the vw tool to release the clips at the bottom of the throttle assembly so i had a good look at the new one to see how it fitted and used two small screwdrivers to do the job but be patient it took me 20mins to get the bottom released, 3 hands are handy for that last bit, finally refit the new one snap the bottom in place replace the bolt refit the wiring connector remember to push the red lock down, job done, any questions please ask away, i used a can of wd40, 10mm socket & ratchet with short extension, 2 small screwdrivers and a pair of pliers, if i had known what i know now i would have ordered the vw removal tool too, i hope this will be some help to some of you, Cheers Rich

see copy of instructions on my photobucket
fig 1 is the tools you need, ratchet, short extenston, 10mm socket, pair of pliers, small flat screwdriver, can of lube
fig 2 is just pulling the rubber caps off pull from the top
fig 3 replacing the brake cap push fit easy peasy
fig 4 relpacing the clutch cap
fig 5 pulling the rubber cones intp place with pliers
fig 6 removing the cap with small screwdriver and 10mm headed bolt
fig 7 use the tool or two screwdrivers 1 very thin terminal type, very tricky this part.the base it locks onto two posts, you have to push forward with one and to the right with another and lift the pedal at the same time, buy the tool
fig 8 remove the electrics and lift the pedal
fig 9 refit new pedal and electrics
fig 10 job done
REMEMBER TO TEST IT

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imitebeurda said:
sciroccorocket said:
imitebeurda said:
nice one rocket, I have these on order. That saves me a lot of head scratching!! :D
cool, the proper tool part number T10240 will save you time and a few f words
cheers mate, the pedals are sitting in Phillips, will ring them tomorrow and order that tool. Nice one. ;)
glad you found it usefull

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! Might as well order the tool too as Im sure the price will be negligable compared to all the addons and I have 3 weeks to go before I get the car! I did wonder what the spray can contained when I looked at the instructions which came with mine. Never thought that it was rubber lube. Thanks again for the explanations - most useful! Cheers..

·
Registered
62 Posts
anybody know where i can source alloy foot rest to match vw alloy foot pedals

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
danmarley said:
Hey guys,

does anyone know the part number/price for the alloy pedals??
Just go into your dealer and ask for the R pedals if you've got a manual, they seemed to have discontinued these as an official accessory a while back. Seem to remember they were in the region on 120 all in, but need to make sure you order accelerator and the brake / clutch covers separately. Automatic is a bit cheaper as there is less of them (obviously) and I think this is on the vw website. Alternatively, I believe mk2 audi tt pedals fit, so could try searching these..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.