Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long motorway run last weekend (750 miles in total) I got time to think about cleaning the roc today and realised that it has the most extraordinary amount of dead flies on the front, not just little splats eaither as I have pulled the bodies of 7-10 large insects out of various nooks and crannies, including 4 just in the bonnet badge.

Not really ground breaking but more of an observation on the Roc as never before have I seen so much fly carnage on one car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sav, not ground breaking but more interesting that mats....AND this thread is running elsewhere as the bugs are bigger abroad...confirmed by belgium Roccer Kat...Took me some right effort to clean mine up last monday. I do think that the low nose of the Roc does pick stuff up more...just the price if style though I reckon :cool:
Of course Tony will be shovelling up bugs when he gets his "R" ...just thought i'd mention it as its this weeks hot topic! [the R not bugs] :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
had it three days and already its covered in flies! the windscreen is full of smeared bug splats that windscreen wash just can't remove...
will have to give it its first clean tomorrow :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I washed mine today and the flies were hurling themselves at it while it was stationary.
I lost count of the amount of Green Fly and other weird looking bugs that got swept under my wash mit.
Not so funny when they get stuck in the polish though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did London --> Liverpool on a summer's evening this week - had to pull into a services at Birmingham to go at the windscreen with a Chammy. It looked like the truck windscreen in the opening scene of Men in Black...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sciroccorocket said:
i found Soldier flies, Syrphid Flies, Blue bottles, Tachinid Flies, & Sapygid Wasps on the front of my car, i have too much spare time dont i :lol: :lol:
I had visions of you out there with your 'schools nature magnifier' and a crisp new copy of 'My first big book of insects' :roll: and i'm sure my car just had good old fashioned flies on it, but then again I had left my 'nature magnifier' in Miss Wakelings drawer when I left primary school in 1975... silly me!!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Le_Savage said:
sciroccorocket said:
i found Soldier flies, Syrphid Flies, Blue bottles, Tachinid Flies, & Sapygid Wasps on the front of my car, i have too much spare time dont i :lol: :lol:
I had visions of you out there with your 'schools nature magnifier' and a crisp new copy of 'My first big book of insects' :roll: and i'm sure my car just had good old fashioned flies on it, but then again I had left my 'nature magnifier' in Miss Wakelings drawer when I left primary school in 1975... silly me!!
pm me a pic ill identify them for you :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sciroccorocket said:
Le_Savage said:
sciroccorocket said:
pm me a pic ill identify them for you :lol: :lol:
Was thinking I could stick in a '£10 deal bag' and post em to you so you can conduct a full postmortem as I a really keen to know cause and time of death.... :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
omg, you guys are hilarious; the bugs on the other hand are NOT
I had already mentioned that I hated them, swirling around and on the Roc. You know I find them all over the front, the bonnet, the windscreen, even up on the roof.
I do know that the Roc draws attention, and for me sometimes of a "wrong" crowd (healthy very young Seat & Golf drivers, funny for this eldery lady), but they should at least give you something to clean all the body of flies off the car when you pick it up at the VW dealer.

I have bought a special sponge but still they are hard to remove..

I hate bugs !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.