Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is normal but when I fold the drivers seat forward it doesnt return to the same position. You have to slide it forward again using the handle under the seat.

Is this normal?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
scottyroc said:
no, once mine is folded forwards, i make sure to slide it all the back to its original spot, then fold the seat up and it goes back to its previous position, very strange :shock:
Hmm thats what I thought. Once i fold the seat up and sit back in it i then have to slide it forward again. Annoying!

·
Registered
252 Posts
No mine shows the same behaviour - if I fold either of the front seats forward and simply push them back without the "adjustment handle", it goes pretty far back but not all the way, once I've sat in I then use the adjusment handle and push it that 5cm further back.

I think thats the way it works - remember I am only talking about once you've slided the seat forward to let someone in/out the back and pushing the seat back without using the adjustment slider.

Is this the same thing your talking about kianok???

·
Registered
252 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Yeh rehmondo, mines the same as yours. ;)
I always thought it was designed to work like that for safety and ease, for example you have the seat all the way back - you let someone in, then they've sat in and you push the seat back only to smack their legs, at least this way it forces a stop.

Also if you tilt the back up first without sliding the seat back, then it won't slide back as the seat is back in its upright position :p

kianok, either way mate there is no way I am going to any dealer about this if mine is deemed as "faulty".

PS you wouldn't notice this if you never have your seat all the way back!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont have me seat all the way back, probably 5 or 6 cm from its furthest pushed back point.

If I fold the seat to let someone in the back then fold if forward again the seat goes to its furthest pushed back position meaning i then have to slide if forward to my driving position.

·
Registered
252 Posts
kianok
I think thats normal mate, I don't think the seat is clever enough to remember exactly where the driver had it positioned, since its a manual task - I complicated this topic by commenting on what happens in my car - just re-read what you had originally wrote.

Nothing wrong with it :thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
kianok
Your seats should return to their original position as is stated in the manual.
I have just tested mine in various different positions and each time they return to their initial position except when they are fully back in which case they stop a little short of that position (as stated by rehmondofor safety reasons).
I have noticed that the seat back has to be fully pushed down after you pull the catch. If it's not pushed hard down they don't return and instead stop in the forward position. I presume either the catch or the back rest going down "mark" the position. Also you have to keep the seat back in the tilted position whilst you slide it back or the seat will just stop in the forward position you have just pushed it to. I thought mine was not working properly when I first got the car but I think the mechanism just need freeing a few times - particulary the back rest going fully forward/down when the catch is pulled.

Peter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PAJ said:
kianok
Your seats should return to their original position as is stated in the manual.
I have just tested mine in various different positions and each time they return to their initial position except when they are fully back in which case they stop a little short of that position (as stated by rehmondofor safety reasons).
I have noticed that the seat back has to be fully pushed down after you pull the catch. If it's not pushed hard down they don't return and instead stop in the forward position. I presume either the catch or the back rest going down "mark" the position. Also you have to keep the seat back in the tilted position whilst you slide it back or the seat will just stop in the forward position you have just pushed it to. I thought mine was not working properly when I first got the car but I think the mechanism just need freeing a few times - particulary the back rest going fully forward/down when the catch is pulled.

Peter.
PAJ

Thanks for this. Mine always goes to the fully back position regardless of where it was before i folded the seat down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While cleaning the car I noticed the front seats do go all the way back if you happen to hold the release handle (or whatever it is called) while sliding the seat back. If you however don't touch that handle, the seats slide back to their original position every time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.