Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls.

We have just passed the 900 registered users mark and that means we are well on track to reaching the magic 1000 mark before our 6 month old birthday. In fact it would be nice to reach 1111 users by then (28 April).

Anyway we know there is something that works here. It's a great community and I want to make sure it stays like that. If you have any ideas to improve things, or if anything that is broke please do let me know. Feel free to post here or PM me at any time.

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
i think its great here we have a good bunch of people and some good banter, i have also learned loads of info about thr sciroc aswell as getting my ipod cable foc thanks to a thread on here, and the diesel vs petrol thread kept me amused for weeks its a shame we tsi owners wont that one so easily (only joking),so well done keep up the good work you have my vote

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I must say, being a member of 7 car forums and having run my own for a while (same hosting as this, good choice ;) :) ) this is a very active and well run forum. Regional events or even "local" sections/secretaries within the forum in time would be good to stimulate local activity, also is there any plans for merchandise? t-shirts, fleece's etc? www.scirocconet.co.uk window stickers would be good, something designed for the rear side windows, applied from the inside along the bottom edge would be a subtle way of advertising the forum.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
P.S. something that works well on other forums is "ranking" members dependent on post levels, eg. level 1 up to 50 posts, level 2 50-100 posts, level 3 100-300 posts level 4, 300-750 posts level 5, 750+ posts. This could be done as say, newbie, junior member, member, senior member, get a life ( :lol: ) other forums use BHP so 50bhp, 100bhp etc others simply use a star rating 1-5 stars. This encourages members to participate rather than just "surf" threads. Just some thoughts!! ;)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback imitebeurda. Rankings is a good idea. Not something I previously thought of. I will get it running in the next few days.

Regional events and forums will have to wait until the site is a little bigger but it is on the cards. As for merchandise I have been looking at stickers and keyrings etc etc but waiting until I have some proper designs done.

Thanks Again

Tony

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
TonyIroc said:
sciroccorocket said:
olek said:
What happened to your Roc, did it shrink in the wash? :lol:
the wife washed it say no more
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was thinking the same the other day but got sidetracked, if she washes it again it will probably look like a golf.

Good comments and suggestions by imitebeurda - he took the words right out of my mouth :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imitebeurda said:
P.S. something that works well on other forums is "ranking" members dependent on post levels, eg. level 1 up to 50 posts, level 2 50-100 posts, level 3 100-300 posts level 4, 300-750 posts level 5, 750+ posts. This could be done as say, newbie, junior member, member, senior member, get a life ( :lol: ) other forums use BHP so 50bhp, 100bhp etc others simply use a star rating 1-5 stars. This encourages members to participate rather than just "surf" threads. Just some thoughts!! ;)
Now in place. These will probably change over time as the forum gets older.

0 - 50 Newbie
50 - 250 Regular
250+ Senior

·
Registered
258 Posts
Color idea sounds good,lay off the pink though (lol) unless thats a newbie one!

·
Registered
52 Posts
How about regional forums UK and worldwide. Also a forum for cleaning the Roc as alot of posts about cleaning wheels,waxing and products.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jason said:
How about regional forums UK and worldwide. Also a forum for cleaning the Roc as alot of posts about cleaning wheels,waxing and products.
The regional forums will come in due course but not just yet. Good idea for the cleaning forum and will consider adding this shortly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts