Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently trying to guess my 'negative equity' position after 12 months based on the capital I will pay in my monthly payment.

So, take a 2.0TSi GT with leather and a few options like xenons, roof and audi upgrade, whack up to 10k on the clock, and position yourself as the 'one owner' seller in 12 months time. What do you reckon she would be worth?

:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S17OCO said:
I work for a Ford Dealer and booked my car the other day. I paid 23/24k 3months ago and its now worth 19!!
Was that taking into account your extras such as leather etc, or was that a price for a base 2.0TSi GT?

·
Registered
24 Posts
DSG, Leather, Cruise, Mats, Sills but after looking at my order form there i didnt actually pay for any of that. So its just basic car, not that bad then.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S17OCO said:
DSG, Leather, Cruise, Mats, Sills but after looking at my order form there i didnt actually pay for any of that. So its just basic car, not that bad then.
How much discount did you get on the car if you didn't pay for any of the options?!?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
kmpowell said:
Currently trying to guess my 'negative equity' position after 12 months based on the capital I will pay in my monthly payment.

So, take a 2.0TSi GT with leather and a few options like xenons, roof and audi upgrade, whack up to 10k on the clock, and position yourself as the 'one owner' seller in 12 months time. What do you reckon she would be worth?

:)
Mate, dont even think about that at the minute. Given the current economic situation it would be a brave man to predict the state of the used car market in 12 months time. Although, given VW is cutting production and the rocco is still a sort after car there will be a window when the market recovers, before VW can take up the slack when you MIGHT find a premium for a good rocco. The average loss on a new car is 35% in the first year, yes there is timing and options you can buy to minimise this but to be honest. If I was buying a new rocco now, I would be buying the car I want and the options I want. Enjoy the car, drive it like you want and worry about the residual when it comes time to dispose of it. My view? for what its worth..............the rocco is a car in a class of its own, there is NOTHING else that gives you the combination of driving experience, performance, practicality, looks and value for money in the market. Therefore in 2-3 years time the car will still be sought after and will have a good residual.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
imitebeurda said:
business manager said:
To be fair this post is now out of date and new discounts have been posted. Until 30th April the following discount applies:

10% for Stock vehicles + any movement costs (ie dealer transfer physical collection)
8% for Factory order - 26 weeks lead time
BM I have heard some VW guys saying that with lead time up to 26 weeks there may be more demand for the stock vehicles, as such people may pay "a premium" rather than wait and as a result discounts on stock vehicles may reduce. Any sign of this or do you think this is likely??
As above, given the change in delivery time discounts may start to differ once existing stock dries up............... :cry:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
S17OCO said:
I paid less than what the Tsi manual is selling for. So adding it all up i saved just under £4000!!
How did you manage to get a £4k discount?

The most I have been quoted is 12.5% off a £25.5k car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldnt be thinking about it to be honest. As has been said many times. A new car is probably one of the worst ways you can find of throwing away money. Especially if you would be thinking of changing after only a year. Either forget about it and enjoy it, or don't do it in the first place....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Altho im a ford sales exec i bought the car direct from our vw dealership rather than through myself so that helped. To be honest even im amazed that i didnt pay for any of my options etc. Iv never sold a new car with that many freebies. I know the car will prob take a huge hit in the first year cos iv always bought new cars and workin in the garage its easy to keep checkin and know whens best to trade in. Only other option is keep it the 3years and hand it back (gmfv £10500)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts