Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in regards to gap insurance i heard that if you are putting a large deposit down (not sure how large) it may not be worth getting gap insurance at all. something to do with the deposit price balancing out the 'how much you owe on the car price and the retail value of the car' so there isn't much of a gap to cover. i may be completely wrong, maybe someone can help?

thanks, don

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey bm it's finance gap, i'm putting £4000 deposit down what do you think?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
business manager said:
don't bother contact me for return to invoice
Alternatively, use captain google and buy the same product direct and use the large saving to a) take the wife/bird/missus/partner out for a posh nosh or b) squirrel the cash away in a secret roc acct to use on secret mods.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
For those that aren't familiar with the differences:

GAP Finance Insurance is designed to cover the difference between what you get paid out on an insurance claim if your car is written off and what you still owe on the finance. If you've paid a big deposit then the chances of the insurance payment being less than what you still owe on the finance is very slim so it's not really worth it.

GAP RTI - Return to Invoice basically pays out the difference between what the insurer pays out for the car and what you actually paid for it at the time of purchase. In my personal opinion there's not much point in taking this out in the first year. Also if youre buying your car brand new, many insurers will give you a brand new vehicle if your car is written off in the first year. Check your policy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts