Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i'll have a bash at a write up on what I have done to my Roc. I've had mine almost 2 years now and have done bits and bobs throughout. I dont really have any pics at the moment of how the car is now but that can be arranged weather dependant.

My first addition to the car was a set of H&R lowering springs. As most of you will know, lowering is one of the best mods you can do that sets the car off and how it should look as it comes out of the factory. I had this done over at a garage called Cruise Motorsport in Kirkcaldy. My first impressions after having in lowered was how much better it looked, it gives the car a more aggresive stance. The ride is more firm and doesnt take to pot holes nicely but that has to be expected really.

After having the Roc lowered I decided to have the wheels powder coated gloss black. A few of you out there dont like black wheels as it can emphasise the size of the wheel arch but in my opinion it adds to the aggresive look of the car. I also decided to debadge the car and spray the front and rear badges black to carry on with the theme, again, this is popular and subtle mod that is easy to do yourself.

The next mods involved a trip down to Awesome for a Revo remap, exhaust and panel filter. I contemplated for a while about the remap and had to justify spending the cash. In the end I have no regrets! The power delivery and acceleration through all gears has improved greatly and it adds to the driving experience. With regards to the exhaust, this was another one of those "should I or shouldnt I" anyway, I went for the Milltek cat back which was made for the Mk5 GTI ED30. This fits onto the car nicely and I love the larger tailpipes. In terms of changes in noise, there is not an awefull lot to be honest. A bit more noise kicks in at high revs especially in second gear. I've yet to hear the car in a drive past from the outside. Aside the performance aspect of the exhaust it looks great and is not in your face too much. I have also looked into a de DPF pipe which can improve on performance and noise but not sure if its possible. In terms of power gains through the exhaust and remap if I remember rightly from the rolling road the power is sitting at about 180-190BHP, not sure about the torque. Fuel gains have improved. On the way down to Manchester from Edinburgh, I drove at a steady pace and averaged about 60mpg on the way down. On the return journey it had increaed to 65mpg. All in all im delighted with the remap and exhaust. The guys down at Awesome are really good and managed to accomodate due to one or two problems that we encountered along the way :thumbup:

The next and latest mod to the car was a set of the red smoked led tail lights. The quality of these lights are good but in terms of fitting compared to the OEM ones they are no perfect. As mentioned before elsewhere, using a few washers helps to pull the lights further in. I really like how they look on the car and prefer the darker lights to the OEM lights, they set the back of the car off nicely. I just hope they last and the leds dont pack in!

Thats all the mods for just now, I do have other plans such as trying to get hold of another set of wing mirror caps to paint black. I have also been wanting to paint the brake callipers. I thought about doing them red but then I thought I could do them blue which might be a bit more subtle and carry on the black and blue them I seem to have going on. For those of you who read this, opinions on the callipers would be appreciated. I'll try get some photos of the progress so far

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cheers Scotty, I'll give Revo a shout and see what they say. Yea I'll maybe just go with red for the calipers.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Nice write up mate! I love the black Alloys!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ScottyRoc said:
The DPF can be deleted, think Revo have the DPF delete software which tells the car its not there anymore but I think it may be prefered to do before the remapping?? Not 100% on that though tbh. Give Revo a shout. :eek:
Spoke with Revo about this, the guy said that it can be done, I need a different downpipe and intake. Removing the DPF will allow for better flow and give the exhaust a better sound. Will this chuck out more soot at the back since there is no filter? Is this something you guys at Awesome could do?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
gavmac89 said:
Is this something you guys at Awesome could do?
Scott doesn't work at Awesome anymore so you'd need to give them a call and ask. I would think they can do it for you though.

Tom

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iceman20014 said:
gavmac89 said:
Is this something you guys at Awesome could do?
Scott doesn't work at Awesome anymore so you'd need to give them a call and ask. I would think they can do it for you though.

Tom
Cheers Tom, didnt know that. Yea i'll give them a call :thumbup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looking very good, and really enjoyed the write up Gav :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm also liking the blue/black theme, was thinking when I get some new wheels next summer might go for black but was a bit unsure if they would go well... Now I see they will :) :lol:

Excellent work!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks really genuinely nice that! The mods are classy and reallly suit the car. I have the Milltek on my car too, it's a lovely bit of kit! Love the blue/black theme, really impressed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts