Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

"Will he reveal I'm gay?"

"I was on top of the world and now I'm suicidal. My life has been ruined overnight!"

"Metal Mickey"

"Girl I've loved all my life beds me - and then runs off!"

"Call Deirdre's helplines"

This is just the first coat. hence why the masking tape is still in place and I haven't put the nut covers back on. I'll leave this to dry overnight and I'll do it again tomorrow. Over all it took me two hours. Tomorrow will be quicker as I don't need to do all the masking work.

JAPLAC works a treat and is only £5.99 in your local B&Q etc. I used it when I did this on my last car. A year and half later it still had a lovely gloss finish. On a side note, in the process of doing this a screw fell out of the wheel assembly that hadn't been tightened properly and I discovered I'm missing a nut cover from one of the wheels. Mechanics eh???? I'm going up to the dealer soon to get some door clips so I'll get a new one from them then.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
imitebeurda said:
Yeh looks well ED (I read the sun too BTW! :thumbup: ) what colours can you get in the JAPLAC, cos I dont think red or blue will work with the salsa. :(
Depends where you go. I'd recommend Jet Black for your car. It's almost identical to the gloss black bit between the lights.
Would gloss black stand out enough to be noticed? :think:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice work ED :thumbup:

imitebeurda - how about white to set off your sportec graphics. Black or silver would be good too.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Yea I may purchase some new brakes for my Roc, or do what I done on my SLK and make my own... But that is a pain on the ass, as I had to change them back every time it went for a service. Damn I'm gonna miss my SL-Gay (SLK)

As for the weird thing about the sizes, I think personally IMO it's the Fluid and the tube system, I'll be getting a nice high pressured fluid I think :cool: but obviously there's help from the pads lol.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Been out at the car all day! finished putting another coat on the calipers. Now need to wait for the paint to fully harden before I put the caliper retaining clips back on the two front ones. Washed and polished the wheels. Partially debadged the rear and currently waiting on the Tech Wax 2.0 to dry before I buff it off.

One thing about that tech Wax 2.0... I found it real bugger to get off a black car. Was always fine on the white one but I reckon I'm not giving it enough time to dry so I'm going to leave it for half an hour.

Click the pics for full size.

IMG00022-20090613-1500.jpg

IMG00023-20090613-1500.jpg

IMG00024-20090613-1500.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.