Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

Should I should be happy or sad at being referred to as an argumentative twunt?

• Happy

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Sad

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Does anyone really care?

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some advice from the members as to whether or not I should be happy or sad at being referred to as an argumentative twunt in the net v.s. central discussion by Shooms? I bolded the word discussion becasue this is what these forums are all about, personally i've not really seen any arguments on this board, some good debates and some statement of opinion but arguments... not from where I am sitting.

In my book an argument is what the loser of the debate refers to it as when they have run out of things to say that have any bearing on or add value to the discussion and their viewpoint is no longer defendable or justifiable.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CTRnutter said:
Le_Savage said:
CTRnutter said:
Interesting thread and obviously adds plenty of value to the board :idea: :D
So Just a shame you couldn't add some more interesting comment then.... :)
Sorry not my style to enter a mud throwing competition! but please do go ahead :)
No need to apologise, but you'll not fnd any mud around here. Simply asking the other board members for their opinion as I don't get calle a 7wat or Cun7 very often and never both together so i'm just keen to know if I should take it as a compliment (for livening up your lives) or a criticism (for gettting in the way of the more serious debate and issues that this board addreses).

Now, it's quite simple if you don't have any opinion may I suggest you just STFU but if you do then feel free to join in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hahaha - just spotted this :D

I love a lively mass debate (so to speak) so carry on Le Savage :D

Forums where everyone agrees are boring & stagnant in my opinion

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ha ha how classy, are you coming to any future meets where we can debate this as adults in person, or are you happy to hide behind your keyboard letting your insecurities get the better of you, so you require the reassurance of fellow members on this very pointless thread which to be perfectly honest lowers the tone of the entire forum.

May I suggest you grow up ;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CTRnutter said:
Ha ha how classy, are you coming to any future meets where we can debate this as adults in person, or are you happy to hide behind your keyboard letting your insecurities get the better of you, so you require the reassurance of fellow members on this very pointless thread which to be perfectly honest lowers the tone of the entire forum.

May I suggest you take a strole on the ligher side of life, which in case you missed the point of the thread entirely was intended to be a light hearted aside from the joys of work after a long weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Le_Savage said:
CTRnutter said:

May I suggest you take a strole on the ligher side of life, which in case you missed the point of the thread entirely was intended to be a light hearted aside from the joys of work after a long weekend.
What does STFU stand for so other members of the forum can understand, I don't see that as light hearted but offensive as would any other person if you strolled up to them in the street and said that to them for having an opinion! This is a public forum and as such I would hope the majority of us would behave appropriately, you of course feel this isn't the case also the previous thread was closed! Strange how this one is allowed to carry on especially when the topic is aimed at isolating a fellow forum member.

You are quite right though I will run along as to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want to associate myself with drivel, I am all for banter but this is not an example of that and only highlights immaturity

Have fun

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CTRnutter said:
Le_Savage said:
CTRnutter said:

What does STFU stand for so other members of the forum can understand, I don't see that as light hearted but offensive as would any other person if you strolled up to them in the street and said that to them for having an opinion! This is a public forum and as such I would hope the majority of us would behave appropriately, you of course feel this isn't the case also the previous thread was closed! Strange how this one is allowed to carry on especially when the topic is aimed at isolating a fellow forum member.

You are quite right though I will run along as to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want to associate myself with drivel, I am all for banter but this is not an example of that and only highlights immaturity

Have fun
You raise a couple of good points.
Yes maybe use of shut the f up was a little strong, and for that I apologise, but in defense it was really meant as a 'if you are going to contribute to the thread then please do but if all you are going to do is point out how pointless it was then not to bother but at that point I couldn't be bothered to write all that so you got the abdriged version.
The thread is not set up to segregate or chastise any particular person and Shooms took this in the manner it was intended, after it was he who called me a twunt and my reaction to this was to start a thread questioning whether or not I should be happy or sad about that label, and as I was not around to defend myself at the time I sought an opinion from the rest of the board.

There is nothing more to it than that, call it drivel, call it what you like as you say it's an open forum.

·
Registered
454 Posts
30-15 to LeSavage - get in!!! this is well funny

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
just found this thread hand bags at dawn or what, as for the comment hiding behind a keyboard grow up what next behind the bike sheds after school?, sounds like someone lost the debate and is clutching at straws, looks like your a better fisherman me le_savage reel em in

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Okay guys it is good craic (NI term - craic - good steam/ a laugh) but lets keep it like that, (bends knees, "evenin all" :lol: :lol: )

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imitebeurda said:
Okay guys it is good craic (NI term - craic - good steam/ a laugh) but lets keep it like that, (bends knees, "evenin all" :lol: :lol: )
Yes Dad.... OMG.... maybe you really are my dad!! :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts