Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used Autoglym products, but never used this before. Saw it today, the blurb certainly sounds the ticket (as was the price £35! :shock: :? ) jst wondered if anyone else had used it before and what sort of results you had. ;)

Autoglym High Definition Wax

" For the Ultimate Finish - Designed to be used on fine quality paintwork where the owner wishes to achieve a concours winning shine. High Definition Wax imparts a lustre and depth of high gloss shine normally only found on the most expensive hand built cars."

1. Apply wax using the supplied applicator sponge which must be pre-dampened.

2. Leave wax film to dry on the surface for 10-15 minutes.

3. Buff the dry wax to a high gloss, using the supplied Hi-Tech finishing cloth.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Bought one online today, £26 delivered off ebay.

It gets very good rep from the detailing geeks for the money.

I usually use Collonite, but am gonna give this a go ans see how it is.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've used it on a White Roc - good product but didn't leave a wet look shine that I was after - I'm going to get the NXT 2.0 by Maguirs soon, the HD wax was my brothers so not really disappointed as it didn't cost me anything.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
vee_dubber_h said:
the best i have used is the meguires smooth surface clay kit
thats £23.99 from halfrauds
Totally different kind of product so you can't compare. That's like saying the best screwdriver I've ever used was a spanner...

Megs clay kit is good though.
c ur point , am not a polish expert so all comments help me aswell :lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, its a dry day, and by lunchtime I had really had quite enough of 3 babies crying!! :D So went out and gave the car a quick wash and decided to try out the wax. Must say Im pretty impressed with the results, there has been some discussion on the site about the alleged poor quality of the salsa red paint, and I would highly recommend salsa owners get this as it certainly seems to restore some of the new look lustre of the paintwork. As Scotty has just said above, dont forget my car is September '08 so must be one of the first salsa red's on the road. Anyway see what you think. As I said, all I did was a quick wash and chamois, a coat of the wax and some tyre shine. ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TonyIroc said:
Thats come out looking good! Where do you get the time?
I made the time for my sanity! There's only so long I could stick the Imitebeurnursery for! :D Also as I was going to the VW/french meet last night in my scirocconet t-shirt to promote the site the car had to look the part! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.