Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was doing a bit of "forum surfing" last night while online. Just looking through a load of forums for anything interesting and blow me, didnt I come across a picture of my "stripey roc" posted up on one. Here it is below, just wondered if anyone else had come across pictures of their car in interesting or unusual places before. Maybe on a site, in a magazine or used as advertising. A number of years ago a mate of mine left his car into get detailed and was amazed to see it a couple of months later in a national magazine advertising the detailers work (he hadnt been asked!)

Any how, the pic.....................

Do think its a nice pic though :lol: ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scottyroc said:
very nice...i like pics in the rain...never noticed the off centre stripe before...very effective..
Yeh, the stripe is a "marmite" thing. People either love it or hate it. I wasnt sure at the start but really like it now, I think the roc has a "lot of colour" if you know what I mean. :? Especially with the side strips colour coded. I think the graphics break it up a little. Look at my avatar (without the graphics) and I think you can see what I mean.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
imitebeurda said:
sciroccorocket said:
funny you should mention that my son found my car on google images :D
cool.... :cool:
yeah we thought it was cool, my son searched opal silver scirocco in google images it came up. i have also found a pic of my car on a German forum, i think the gist of the thread was the colour but my Germans a bit rusty,

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope Riviera HS rims off rimstyle. £1,195 delivered with tyres. Could not justify the cost of BBS rims TBH. Plus a 70mm VW roundel set off ebay for £12.95 which IMHO makes them look better, sort of OEM+.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
My UR Quattro quite regularly features in Audi Driver, and other magazines when I take it to track days as I have a bit of a rep for driving on the limit and it makes for some excellent photos.... also I am normally the only one who will hit the tarmac at track speeds in the rain... wetter is better in my book... especially on an open track with 4 wheel drive and bundles of power/torque ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.