Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM heartbroken

after parking my rocco in a public car park someone has clipped and scratched the front bumper!when i got back and saw it i nearly cried!to make it worse the car park didnt have cctv so couldnt see who had done it!!!! ive never been this sad about damage to my car! :( :cry: and not to mention angry!

Is it me or does anyone else park theirs stradling 2 parking bays now?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So sorry mate! :shock:

Some people shouldn't even be allowed on the road. I don't get how someone can have so much disregard for other peoples property. I sound proper old fashioned but it really gets to me

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would like to get that kind of an idiot under my car with my driving over them! :evil:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mate gutted beyond belief!luckilt its not too bad that it need whole bumper respraying. but it really winds me up!

It happened far worse in my last car also VW but of the fox variety someone went straight up the side and caused 3 grands of damage and as they did one, no detaisl left and no witnesses i had to lose 2 years of my no claims bonus which means the rocco insurance is more than it should be and because i had that calim it makes me look like an unsafe driver!

The system is totally wrong and discriminates against safe drivers in these instances! Your the one thats been wronged but you get financially punished by having to pay out your excess and lose your no claims so your insurance goes up more!

Feel like im up on my soapbox now!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats nasty, I had a woman reverse into my front quarter panel a few years ago and a witness came and said they saw her do it and then drive off. The witness took down the car reg but somehow managed to get it wrong. I managed to get the womans name and tried to trask her down but eventually had to give up. It wasn't even the cost it was the principle.

·
Registered
572 Posts
:( sorry to hear that - nothing worse - some people just don't care and it's horrific how many are uninsured on the roads

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah well - still waiting for the 'Roc but I live on a cul de sac - and someone has used the front wing and bumper of the MX-5 to help them turn round at the end - had two goes at it. So it's either a neighbour or a visitor - charming. Given that my fleet manager is facing a bill (and I an excess) for a new wing, wing liner, new bumper and related internal fittings - you'd have thought there would be no value in not leaving a note because their car is not exactly going to be a smart repair job. But - still - no note. And half of London's drivers are uninsured which probably explains it. Not sure I want the confrontation even if I do spot the car missing half of its back end.

How do you get a 3 point turn wrong enough - twice - to break all the internal lugs on a bumper and leave a 12 inch wide, 2 inch deep dent on a wing?

The Roc will be parked further down the street, away from the turning point. Lesson learned.

The damage assessor informs me that Passat drivers are very accident-prone, though. They almost seem to be the new 3-series?!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chalkie said:
sciroccorocket said:
they should bring back hanging :shock:
hanging is too good for them.
If i find out whos done it there wont be much left of them to hang!!!it annoys me that people are son inconsiderate, makes you think if you foudn a wallet with a grand in would you do the right thing?I'd like to have thought i would but with whats happened to me id consider it karma!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Don't you just hate the inconsiderate and selfish ba5tards who have no care or respect for other peoples property. It makes me want to buy an old dog just so I could take it down there and reverse into them and drive if revelling in the pathetic look on their sorry, sad and probably confused faces.

I feel your pain man!!! I prescribe 6 pints of strong beer/lager with a tequila chaser after each!! If you don't I will, especially as it's Friday as i was pay day this week :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Le_Savage said:
I feel your pain man!!! I prescribe 6 pints of strong beer/lager with a tequila chaser after each!! If you don't I will, especially as it's Friday as i was pay day this week :D
Wish i could partake in the beer but it would be more like 20 pints followed by chasers!!!im far from a lightweight! but seen as im working all weekend doing 7am-7pm shifts its prob a no no!have em for me by all means

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Le_Savage said:
Don't you just hate the inconsiderate and selfish ba5tards who have no care or respect for other peoples property. It makes me want to buy an old dog just so I could take it down there and reverse into them and drive if revelling in the pathetic look on their sorry, sad and probably confused faces.

Le_Savage you are showing a disturbing pattern today involving alcohol! I take it you will be "bladdered" the entire weekend!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Le_Savage said:

Le_Savage you are showing a disturbing pattern today involving alcohol! I take it you will be "bladdered" the entire weekend!! :lol:
Ah, yes you spotted that did you... just back from the curry house.. a couple of dame wellas at the bar while they cooked up my favourite combo, now a couple of cold ones while I consume said feeat before tucking into a nice bottle of red warming nicely in the airting cupboard.... Bladdderd..well maybe, pissed almost certainly.. :D :D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Le_Savage said:
Ah, yes you spotted that did you... just back from the curry house.. a couple of dame wellas at the bar while they cooked up my favourite combo, now a couple of cold ones while I consume said feeat before tucking into a nice bottle of red warming nicely in the airting cupboard.... Bladdderd..well maybe, pissed almost certainly.. :D :D
Given your typing I think you have had more than a "couple of dame wellas" :D :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Le_Savage said:
Given your typing I think you have had more than a "couple of dame wellas" :D :D
Not yet.... .just excited about my curry... yes I do have a mental age of 7, and I love it!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Disturbing? on a bank hol weekend...I think not :p as long as levels are properly reduced for the saturday grinning session that is [taking the roc out] :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.