Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, quick question. I know to fit the foot rest pedal you have to remove it, drill it, fit pedal and refit to car.

I can see there are 2 plastic bolts/grommits that you remove and then the foot rest and plastic "sheath" behind the pedals should come off. The first one behind the brake/clutch came away easily enough, there is a "groove" across it, a quick turn of a flat headed screwdriver and that was that. The second one is on the side of the foot rest. It appears to have a little hole in the top of it. I have tried to remove it but to no avail. I didnt want to force it without knowing, I know a few of you guys have fitted this footrest. Can you tell me how the second bolt/grommit come off?? Ta!!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Hi, quick question. I know to fit the foot rest pedal you have to remove it, drill it, fit pedal and refit to car.

I can see there are 2 plastic bolts/grommits that you remove and then the foot rest and plastic "sheath" behind the pedals should come off. The first one behind the brake/clutch came away easily enough, there is a "groove" across it, a quick turn of a flat headed screwdriver and that was that. The second one is on the side of the foot rest. It appears to have a little hole in the top of it. I have tried to remove it but to no avail. I didnt want to force it without knowing, I know a few of you guys have fitted this footrest. Can you tell me how the second bolt/grommit come off?? Ta!!
is it a VW rest or aftermarket? i have the pedal set but not the foot rest

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sciroccorocket said:
im going to order one today ill also ask the shop about fitting when i order
rocket, I sent him a message via ebay, his response was:-

"hi

yes thats right you remove the footrest and then drill and fit plate and then refit. to get it off there are two plastic bungs covering the screws to remove pedal just pop them out and you will be able to get to the screws.

kind regards

- rich351golf"

Now, as I said, the one behind the pedals is not a "plastic bung" but a plastic screw, a few turns with a flat head screwdriver and it came off easy enough. The one on the side of the footrest is different. It has just a pin hole in the top. With my "big 'ead" I cant see it very well, but it is certainly not a "bung" covering a screw, as I can "ease" it out a wee bit and can clearly see it is holding the side in. Dont want to force it, but not sure how to get it off............ :(

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
imitebeurda said:
sciroccorocket said:
im going to order one today ill also ask the shop about fitting when i order
rocket, I sent him a message via ebay, his response was:-

"hi

yes thats right you remove the footrest and then drill and fit plate and then refit. to get it off there are two plastic bungs covering the screws to remove pedal just pop them out and you will be able to get to the screws.

kind regards

- rich351golf"

Now, as I said, the one behind the pedals is not a "plastic bung" but a plastic screw, a few turns with a flat head screwdriver and it came off easy enough. The one on the side of the footrest is different. It has just a pin hole in the top. With my "big 'ead" I cant see it very well, but it is certainly not a "bung" covering a screw, as I can "ease" it out a wee bit and can clearly see it is holding the side in. Dont want to force it, but not sure how to get it off............ :(
great not much help then, i have a few inspection mirrors ill see if they help you see whats going on

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sciroccorocket said:
great not much help then, i have a few inspection mirrors ill see if they help you see whats going on
Cheers matey, ;) ;) I have the pedal sitting here, and I know its easy enough to fit, just a bit frustrating being defeated by a "plastic bung"................ :cry: :cry: ( :lol: )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Undo the round cap behind the brake pedal as you did before. You will now need a allen key to undo the other round "bung" as this is in fact a plastic bolt. This bolt is 5/8ths long and should come out with no trouble. This will leave a insert sleeve you should be able to pull out, lastly move the whole of the plastic footrest upwards to release from the base.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doctor said:
Undo the round cap behind the brake pedal as you did before. You will now need a allen key to undo the other round "bung" as this is in fact a plastic bolt. This bolt is 5/8ths long and should come out with no trouble. This will leave a insert sleeve you should be able to pull out, lastly move the whole of the plastic footrest upwards to release from the base.
Cheers, removed, footrest drilled and pedal fitted. 20 minutes did it from start to finish. Nice job!! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.