Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been lurking (on) this forum for quite a bit. I am the proud owner of a Candy white Scirocco since beginning of April, and loving every cm I drive with it and grabbing every opportunity to drive it as well.....
I just love this car. I bought a stock model, but it had almost everything I wanted.

It was funny how I got around to buying the Scirocco really. I was a Toyota driver, and had a black Corolla 2.0 Diesel, which I had been driving the last 4 years, and I loved it really. But as it had was a manual gearbox(is that correct English), and I have a bit of trouble with my left knee, we were looking for a car with an automatic gear. So off we went to the Toyota dealer and asked him what he had that was sporty, fun and automatic gearbox. The answers were a bit dissapointing, as I had the choise between a RAV4 or an Avensis. The RAV I kinda liked (a bit), but the Avensis was way too - let's say middle-aged - for me. My hubbie then stated: Toyota isn't on the ball right now, they don't have something fast, fun and sporty. And then he mentioned VW had brought out a new version of the Scirocco. My reaction was: that's a car I want to see as I always loved the earlier Scirocco's. Later that evening we went over to the VW dealer close to home and he had a black one in the show room. After drooling at it from the other side of the window, we made a note in the agenda to go and see it inside the next Monday. (but frankly I was in love already). That monday we went there and I was lost.
The only thing that was unbelievebaly dissapointing was the waiting periode after ordering one: up to 6 monts of waiting time... that was a major bummer. The dealer mentioned that there were still 2 Candy White Rocco's in stock in Brussels, but as white was the opposite of the color I love the most (black), we were not about to buy a car in a color that we hadn't seen, only on pictures.
My hubbie then started his search for a dealer that had a Candy white Rocco in his showroom and the next Thursday he had found one, rather close to home, so we went to admire this white beauty.

I was totally gone when I laid eyes on it, so gorgeous was it. As far as I'm concerned, the lines of the Rocco look best on a white one.
After drooling over this thing of beauty, and a talk to the sales person, and hearing that this was a stock model with about all the specs I wanted, and also getting a good price deal to my opinion, the beauty was bought and I would take delivery the next Saturday (a major improvement on the VW waiting time of more than 6 months!)
That Saturday I went and picked up my thing of georgousness, and since then I'm loving it more and more. I normally don't do a lot of mileage (or kilometers how they are called on my side of the NorthSea), about 12500 km a year, but I already suspect that I'm going to do a whole lot more with my new toy.

It's a great car, and I'm loving it to bits....... The only thing I hate is that all the bugs in Belgium want to hitch a ride and stick to the front ......

I'll post some pics as soon as I get around to find out how to post pics on this forum.

Greets,
Kat

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures posted in the members gallery
Enjoy
Kat

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Kat ..and welcome...
I liked your comment about the belgium bugs!
I have just been to alsace for a week and returned through belgium...I now have a fine collection of continental bugs adorning my roc...tomorrows job is to scrub them off :(
p.s. I don't recommend the "sport" mode on your roads...niether on ours generally either!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, My Roc has been bugfree for a week now.....
(not driving it, as I'm revalidating from knee injury
by the way, the S-mode is very addictive, especially in Alsace and in the Vosges.
We found that out when we took the Roc to France in the second week I had it.
There are also very annoying French bugs, and also German ones. They all seem to stick unbelievable well to the bumper (all the way up to the wind screen, and one or so even on the roof).
Have a nice time scrubbing them off and making your Roc all shiny and beautiful again.
Enjoy !!!!!
Kat
^^
x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.